Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » NEW Tolkien Game - Rare Entries (Page 5)
Author Topic: NEW Tolkien Game - Rare Entries
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] I'm checking them over and then you'll have mine.
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Had no time. [] I will do them. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm doing it, I'm doing it! Please don't call time on this yet! Pretty pretty please. Give us through the weekend please!

The trouble is, I have way too many time-consuming interests.....

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

No prob, I'll wait for you [] The more, the merrier, at least in this game. []

But you were right to post, since I was about to post the results soon and I hadn't chose a deadline

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm ... if there's another weekend for submitting an answer, perhaps even I might find some time for one.

Don't hold your breath, though []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do people actually check their answers?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly do.
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Answers sent. Thanks for waiting Inc' []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Scores are ready. []

Shall I wait for any extra player ? [] []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

[] [] []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Sorry I missed your post ! I've been having the results done for a while, but I was still waiting for an answer to my last post. []

So there it is ! []

We had two new players for this third session The Woodwose and Sauron's Secret Agent [] I hope they will continue to play ! []
(I will post the details later today, since I have to go, but here's the scoring anyway)

0 1 2 3 4 5 6

2 1 3 1 2 1 3 Olo 36
1 2 3 1 2 1 2 DQ 24
1 1 1 1 2 1 3 WW 6
1 2 2 1 2 1 1 Arta 8
2 0 2 1 2 1 3 SSA 96
1 1 3 1 1 1 2 Ham 6

Hence :

1. The Woodwose and Hamfast Gamgee, 6
3. Artaresto 8
4. The DarkQueen Iauraearien 24
5. Olofantur 36
6. Sauron's Secret Agent 96

[ 10-31-2011, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not a bad performance from me at first sight! I might even have beaten Arty [] Mind, I still think having lower points winning is just weird. I can't think of many games that have this system. Golf, perhaps?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Not too bad as I didn't understand what you meant by some of the questions. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

I'm gonna sue that website!

And somebody has obviously never watched "Pointless". []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I need to post the detail !

0) Name a constellation devised by Varda when she created the stars.

2 Wilvarin
1 Menelmacar
1 Soronume
1 Telumendil
1 Valacirca

So every possible answer has been given here, and only one was given by two of you. Good job on that !

1) Give the name of an Orc that is mentioned in The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit.

2 Ufthak
1 Uglûk
1 Golfimbul
1 Gorbag

WRONG
1 Goblin-King

As stated in the rules, when I ask for a name I need an actual name, hence "Goblin-King" is wrong. Other answers included Azog, Bolg and Grishnakh. None of you fell for the "Snaga" trap !

2) Name a dragon from the Legendarium.

3 Ancalagon
2 Scatha
1 Glaurung

The most obvious dragons (Glaurung and Smaug) were forgotten ! There were only 4 answers for this.

3) Give the name of an human (not the race) from the Lord of the Rings that has at least a line of speech in the book but that doesn't appear in any LoTR PJ movie.

1 Erkenbrand
1 Gildor
1 Nob
1 Halbarad
1 Ghân-Buri-Ghân
1 Imrahil

There was plenty of answers for this, and I have to say that I was impressed by the diversity of answers. In particular, Ghân-Buri-ghân had not come to mind.

4) Name a primary source of light devised by the Valar/Maiar that is not a star.

2 The Moon/Isil
2 Telperion
1 Illuin
1 Illuin/Ormal

Illuin/Ormal are actually 2 sources of light, but a correct answer, so I counted them as 2 since Illuin was given by someone else. Other possible answers were Anar/The Sun and Laurelin.

5) Describe a poem from the Lord of the Rings that is told by a Hobbit. Be careful to identify it properly.

1 Ho! Ho! To the bottle I go...
1 Farewell...
1 Trolls
1 The road goes ever on
1 O! Wanderers...
1 Bath song

All good, and all different. []

6) Name a character that has at least one line of speech in both LoTR and The Hobbit.

3 Gloin
2 Elrond
1 Gandalf

The poor Bilbo himself has been put aside ! I don't know if other characters that suit the question exist.

Anyway, you've been all very good at this ! I'm sorry if some of the questions are not very well put into words. Don't forget to ask any question you want about the questions before answering !

See you all next time ! []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

[] I like how we all avoid the obvious answers to the point where they actually become really good answers, if only any one of us dared to give them.

Those results where we'd managed not to double-up at all really surprised me. []

E: I watch Pointless. []

[ 11-04-2011, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Am I the only one wondering if we're going to play again?
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

There will be a new session, but I don't have time for this right now. Hopefully before Christmas []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Nice to have something to look forward too!
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » NEW Tolkien Game - Rare Entries (Page 5)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help