Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » NEW Tolkien Game - Rare Entries (Page 3)
Author Topic: NEW Tolkien Game - Rare Entries
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, then I'm getting some new questions ready. [] I'm trying my best to find easier questions, so that you could at least try and answer them without having to look up details in books. [] Of course, books might still help finding hidden answers, though []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hidden answers????????? [] [] [] []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so here is the second session. The deadline is June 20 so far, but I may change it depending on how many people actually participate. []

0) Name one of the five oldest members of the Fellowship of the Ring.

1) Name the answer to one of Bilbo and Gollum's riddles in The Hobbit.

2) Name one of the Valier that is the wife of a Vala.

3) Name a named character of The Lord of the Rings whose death in witnessed by a member of the Fellowship of the Ring and described in the narrative.

4) Name a dwarf with whom Bilbo travelled in The Hobbit that died before the Fall of Sauron in 3019 TA.

5) Name a War against Morgoth that happened in Beleriand.

6) Name a river whose course is entirely enclosed in Eriador.

Please read the rules in the first post of this thread. Remember : DON'T POST YOU ANSWERS HERE. Answer only via PM or e-mail. If you have any question, please ask it via PM before answering the game, and I may amend something and post a notice here if there's a problem.

Good luck ! []

[ 06-08-2011, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have plenty of time on my hands to play this round.
[]

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] New questions! Must... Not... Answer... Until... After... Work... []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

3 days left ! []

It is the week-end, you have no excuse []

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is the deadline the beginning of June 20th, or the end of it? I had a busy weekend. []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I am going to extend the deadline till next weekend, since I've only 4 people playing so far []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I realized that I made a mistake while doing last session's sums... []

It should read like this :

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1 1 1 1 0 3 1 1 Art 12
1 2 1 3 1 3 1 2 Olo 36
1 2 1 3 2 3 1 1 DQ 36
1 1 1 3 2 4 0 2 pi 96
0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 Hamfast 320

Not much change, really. []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Teply, Yomer, Varna ? []
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I keep forgetting. Deadline's still the weekend, right?
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe - if both the power and the connection and the laptop are cooperating [] (and there isn't too much else that ought to be done - I haven't even read the questions so far [] )

[ 06-22-2011, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Yep, this weekend, most likely. And don't worry, Varna, the questions are really not that complicated. []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes they are [] [] [] []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Yes, they are. [] I mean, they're not, get answering Varna! []

[ 06-24-2011, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I gave every answer without looking in any book. If all are right, I'm not sure, but I would say the questions were simple enough and with an adequate set of alternatives.
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I don't know the Histories well enough to do that, I had to research a little bit for some questions.
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

*dives under the slowly-closing door at the last minute, reaching back and grabbing his fedora just before it closes*

E: I answered them all without looking in any books, too. []

[ 06-27-2011, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Time for results ! Thanks all for participating [] []

0 1 2 3 4 5 6

3 1 1 2 1 1 2 Art 12
3 1 1 1 3 2 1 Olo 18
3 1 1 1 3 1 2 DQ 18
3 1 2 1 3 1 0 Éomer 48
3 2 1 2 1 6 1 Hamfast 72
3 2 2 0 1 2 1 pi 96

Not much change since last time... Artaresto won again, and Olofantur and DQ both are in a tie for second. Yomer slips in then, and pi is last this time - he was mostly unlucky.

Now for the details :

0) Name one of the five oldest members of the Fellowship of the Ring.

3 Gandalf
3 Gimli

Out of 5 possible answers, only two were given. [] Well, at least everyone scored the same in that question. [] The other correct answers were Legolas, Aragorn and Frodo.

1) Name the answer to one of Bilbo and Gollum's riddles in The Hobbit.

2 Time
1 Wind
1 Ring
1 Sun on the daisies
1 Teeth

Unlike the previous question, a lot of different answers were given for this one. [] Fish was also a valid answer.

2) Name one of the Valier that is the wife of a Vala.

2 Vána
1 Yavanna
1 Nessa
1 Estë
1 Elbereth

Same thing here. The only other possible answer was Vairë.

3) Name a named character of The Lord of the Rings whose death in witnessed by a member of the Fellowship of the Ring and described in the narrative.

2 Boromir (Aragorn)
1 Saruman (Hobbits)
1 Grishnákh (Pippin, Merry)
1 Denethor (Pippin, Gandalf)

Wrong :
1 Halbarad

The easiest answer was given twice. Wow those Hobbits really saw a lot of people die. Other correct answers included Gollum and the Mouth of Sauron. Halbarad did indeed die at the Pelennor Field battle, but his death wasn't described, only mentioned.

4) Name a dwarf with whom Bilbo travelled in The Hobbit that died before the Fall of Sauron in 3019 TA.

3 Fíli
1 Balin
1 Oin
1 Ori

Why Fíli and not Kíli ? [] This game is weird. The obvious Thorin has been avoided as well.

5) Name a War against Morgoth that happened in Beleriand.

2 Dagor Bragollach/Battle of Sudden Flame
1 Dagor Aglareb
1 Nirnaeth Arnoediad
1 Dagor-nuin-Giliath
1 War of the Jewels

Since the War of the Jewels describes the ensemble of different wars against Morgoth after he stole the Silmarilli, it was counted as a less precise answer and thus given the score of 6. All the correct answers have been given ! Okay, there wasn't that many []

6) Name a river whose course is entirely enclosed in Eriador.

2 Lune/Lhûn
1 Thistle Brook
1 Brandywine
1 Greyflood

Wrong :
1 Carnen

There was a lot of possible answers here, although Carnen was wrong since it is flowing in Rhovanion. I had never heard of Thistle Brook before this game. [] The Greyflood (Gwathló) is one of the borders of Eriador, but I decided it was still correct. Other possible answers were : Glanduin, Water, Withywindle, Bruinen, Stock Brook...

Thanks for playing, everyone, and see you for the next game !

[ 06-27-2011, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently I need to both read the questions better and not answer all of them so quickly. []
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I do think the scoring system a little strange! []
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Gah, I actually typed Kíli first, then changed my mind and switched to Fíli! [] And I thought for sure that more people would have picked Legolas or Aragorn for #0. []

And I had bit of a blond moment (what? I'm from Rohan! [] ) when I picked Carnen for #6. In my rush to get my answers in, I forgot that you'd specified Eriador and thought you'd said Middle-earth. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Why Fíli and not Kíli? Because they're Fíli and Kíli, not Kíli and Fíli. []

Still, that was fun (even if I did think of the most obvious dwarf). I nearly said Legolas for oldest members, but I wasn't SURE of his age and thought it better to go for something safe. I also thought Aragorn was too obvious. Bah. [] The twists and turns of this game! []

[ 06-28-2011, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » NEW Tolkien Game - Rare Entries (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help