Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » Is that it?
Author Topic: Is that it?
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Have all the works of Tolkien, in particular in regards to his legenduim been published now? Does anyone know, or are there any rumours as to any other possible material that could be waiting to be edited? I mean, I don't suppose there is an 800-page tale that was in his study that Christopher hasn't published, but a lot of the information in Home, for example, came as a surprise, is there any more detailed information that could yet be still around unpublished?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eonwe The Herald
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11232
posted      Profile for Eonwe The Herald   Email Eonwe The Herald   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bumping for great justice!
From: England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nothing is over until we decide it is.
Yes, some previously non-published goodies from the Professor still trickle out. Linguistic essays or fragments published by the Elvish Linguistic Fellowship are good examples.

And, of course, some non-Middle-earth stuff is still being released too.

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eonwe The Herald
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11232
posted      Profile for Eonwe The Herald   Email Eonwe The Herald   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

I do know what is wrong with that sentence, but I have absolutely no idea what your getting at []
From: England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Click me!
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
*is wary*

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Probably not-safe-for-work, as it includes some naughty language and you will laugh so hard as to disrupt other employees. []
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So, Thorin, is the "click me" link a thinly veiled reference to the "eat me" car in Animal House?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopafoot
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11239
posted      Profile for Hopafoot   Email Hopafoot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have this same question. How much of Tolkien is still waiting to see the light of day? Has CT addressed this?

Also, is there any attempt to preserve the manuscripts themselves: I mean, make it so that all of the Master's written stuff is digitized and preserved forever *in the original state*?

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think most of the manuscripts are kept in libraries these days - and only made available for researchers []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » Is that it?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help