Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  31  32  33 
Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » The Password Game #11 (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Password Game #11
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It seems that the Password Game consists of two parts:

1) solve the current Game

2) persuade somebody to make the next Game

[]

*runs away*

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Varna, come back here... it seems to me you never acutally made a Password ? []

Btw, are you going to answer my PM ? I know, I have to answer in SoF []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Alright I'll post one...

To change from Inc's over-long one, mine will be quite short...

I. Fell at the Gladdenfields for sure.
II. Part of the answer to this password... Ah!

What? [] Well, I just hope it'll keep you all occupied long enough for someone else to devise a real one []

[ 03-20-2009, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, no definites. So who fell? Isildur and his sons and some countrymen, and 2500 years later Deagol. Unless you mean "fell" as in cruel, malevolent, and evil, then it might be some orcs? Or the fell Ring? Or it "fell" from Isildur's hand to the bottom of the river, sooo, I'll say the ring. Final answer.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
II. A ?
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
it seems to me you never acutally made a Password ?
Correct, and I explained part of the reason in the Unexpected Party. [] What I lack, is the
quote:
ability to think in scrambles and cryptic clues. My brain doesn't solve English scrambles. Norwegian ones, I get immediately - my brain just sees the letters in different positions, and gives me the answer. With English words, it doesn't play around with the letters - not enough associative thinking, I'm afraid.
And I'm not good at making cryptic clues, either ...

I made an Easier Password once, though - not that it was much of a success []

The last poster of Easier Passwords was Hidalgo, and he never finished it - the Password was guessed, by someone who hasn't posted for years either - but the last clue was never solved.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pi: [] Although you mentionned the answer...

Inc': [] Although it's part of the answer to that clue []

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So is the answer to I Deagol?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I. Elendur ?
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

[] to Inc'...

I. Fell at the Gladdenfields for sure. - Elendur
II. Part of the answer to this password... Ah!

As you've probably guessed by the first answer, the clues and their answers "rhyme" (Yes, the quotes are needed)...

II shouldn't be hard to find now... It simply requires to "guess" the password itself first []

[ 03-22-2009, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
(See it, I do. Make next password, I want not.)
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Same thing there [] [] []
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

Well, it's up to you guys... []

If you want to check if you're right without commiting to making the next password just send me your guesses via PM with [Too lazy to make a password] as the title []

[ 03-23-2009, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Hey, I did the last one []
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

And I've done this one... []

Well, I'll be out of touch for a few days starting tomorrow... I didn't think it would still be up and running by now to be honest.

If it hasn't been solved in another 2 hours then I probably won't be around when it'll be. But Mithrennaith can confirm the answer if need be []

[ 03-24-2009, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Okay, whatever : II. Arda and the password is Eä ?
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

Yeah that's it...

The answer is also "hidden" in the clue. (but I can't do the necessary cut and paste since I'm posting from my phone right now, so will edit when I'm back home)

So back to the same problem: who's next?

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Well, I'm going away in two days for three weeks with very limited Internet access, so, not me []

And I even have a good excuse ! []

Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*comes rap-tap-tapping, a homing pigeon upon the transom, looking for hints, secrets, and mysteries
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

You could do one, Celebrían [] []
I did the previous one []

Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll stop by in the evenings, Sir... and send a note to Nash.

1. Five Armies: Eagles, elves, dwarves, wolves, goblins, men converge; even Beorn
2. In this place, on level one, Pippin found Beregrond's son
3. Nunduinë: Follow this water-path to the Bay of Eldanna
4. Hollin and Dunland, after this event, are no longer green and fair
5. Fire-tooth and Fang Fort, a scary pair
6. New Dúnedain designation for a power-place of eruption and explosion
7. Thranduil in a march is victor there

[ 04-18-2009, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

In six minutes ? []
*is amazed*
*bows* []

*is trying* []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
3. Nundunië?
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Close enough, Artaresto! []
Inc', that was an overnight project, not just six minutes []

[ 04-18-2009, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it was a typo. []

E: Hamfast beat me

[ 04-18-2009, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Artaresto ]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » The Password Game #11 (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  31  32  33 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help