Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33 
Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » The Password Game #11 (Page 31)
Author Topic: The Password Game #11
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The bf thinks it's AIDs.
[]

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
When I put the clue to non-professional LotR-trivia guessers (in a locked LiveJournal community), one person said "naked". [] But, no... []

Password is scrambled.

1. The flame of this was used against a dark force. Anor
2. Not a fruit, but a familiar sound. Mellon
3. Middle-earth is only a portion of this. Arda
4. Bound by wild desire, Gandalf fell... And got this. Narya
5. Not odd at all, though her star-filled lineage might seem so. Undómiel
6. Don’t be sad; this is merely the term used by their owners. You won’t be considered hollow if you say the other one. Smials
7. When the door opened, Gollum rushed to the minibar. “It’s best to keep the meat fresh,” he said. Sam shrugged and started unpacking.Rabbits

[ 11-29-2010, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Shiny wizard? White wizard? Shiny White Wizard.

Now I'm just taking ridiculous guesses. []

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
1) Arnor?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No, not Arnor. []

Telp: The answer is not a wizard. A wizard just happens to have the answer. []

Inc' (below): Yup. []

[ 10-04-2010, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
1) Anor ? []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

2. Fruits come from trees and trees have roots...

(#7 just makes me laugh.)

[ 10-08-2010, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Telperaca ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Roots is your final answer? []

[]

Anyone else? []

[ 10-22-2010, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I guess we need some clues!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Clues? Movie fans answered them all in a week without any hints at all. []

Alright then...

2. Pronounced the same way as a particular fruit.
4. "Bound by wild desire" is in a song... The next line isn't the answer, but related to the answer.
5. Opposite of "odd", plus star... but the other name.
6. You frown when you're sad, you _____ when you're the opposite of sad.
7. Gollum loves the answer, which is embedded & scrambled within.

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
5. Undómiel ?
6. Smial ? Or Hole ?

I guess we're just no used to Password games anymore []

[ 11-19-2010, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

I think part of Boromir's speech about Mordor fits MT right now... Thankfully it's still easy to breathe here. []

[] to both.

Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
2. Mellon?
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Hi Glóin! []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mellon!
After a certain episode in the Opelë I should have thought about that.
It's been a long while since, though ... []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, Brae there.
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

7) Fissssssssshhhhhh. Or Fish. Just like Gollum to have two guesses in one!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Hamfast: If you've read my Gollum fic (posted in the UP), it's the other animal mentioned. []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Rabbits!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

OK. One clue left. Hint: Google "bound by wild desire" & see what you get. []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

A bit slow but I got there in the end!
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

4) The Ring of fire?
Edit: Also known as Narya. Which is my guess. Narya!

[ 11-28-2010, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Yup, Narya it is. Which means you know the password. Since no one else has guessed it, I pass the turn onto you, Hamfast. []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Not really sure that I do know the Password yet, but I will have a think about it. A good thing I wasn't the person trying to guess the password of the entrance to Moria isn't it! But I might get a password up sometime in 2011.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Well, I've put all the letters on a piece of paper, gone to the pub to try and figure the answer out. Half an hour and one beer later, I think I have it. I wonder if this proves that beer helps my brain? Anyways, is the answer Saruman? And can the Fellowship make their way into Moria finally? I should PM I suppose, but as it's public now and no-one else has claimed to guess it, I'll do it this way.
So, my guess is Saruman!

[ 12-12-2010, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » The Password Game #11 (Page 31)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help