Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  31  32  33 
Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » The Password Game #11 (Page 1)
Author Topic: The Password Game #11
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Welcome to the eleventh Password Game... Inc's new password is right after the rules reminder...

~~~~~~~~~~

RULES:

This game covers all Tolkien works!

You've got to find a definite number of words from the given definitions. Then take the first letter of each of the words and you shall find another word, this is the 'password'.

The definitions may be refering to any of Tolkien's books.
The definitions may be of any form: Trivia, Scramble, etc... The different types may even be mixed together!

The first one who gets the Password may post his own, but only when all the definitions of the previous password have been found.

Sometimes the game evolves into a trickier version: not only each clue has to be solved, but usually the password has to be unscrambled or "translated" somehow.

ATTENTION:
If you find the Password but can't give the answer to ALL the definitions you must PM the answer to the password maker.
The password maker will then post that the password has been found.

This will give you time to prepare your own password while the other players try to figure out the remaining definitions.

A simple example:

1st letter: 'The shadow of the 2nd and 3rd Ages' (answer Sauron)
2nd letter: 'Evil kingdom of the north' (answer Angmar)
3rd letter: 'The home of Mr.Door'(answer Mordor - this one is a scramble)

Answer: SAM

PS : [] Would you have any comments or questions about the game's rules, please do not post here but send me a PM... []

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now, here's the new password:

I. Trees which provide protection from trees. - The Hedge (or High Hay)
II. Those are men-slayers slain by Men.
III. He cannot even ride a horse, the doofus ! []
IV. Hush ! The wind in the sail... Can't you hear ? Reams I do not need.
V. Nargothrond. A unique gift. Later, a murder in retribution.
VI. "Some are blue, some are red, some you put on velvet beds. Tied on strings or set in bands, these babies can rule the land."
- Jewels
VII. Before Rath Celerdain, some had been much more huge... [] - Lamps
VIII. The same than the 'fake' one, but much harder.
IX. Industrial Revolution's victim.
- Old Mill
X. Approximately destroyed by Melkor's malice.
XI. Needed wit to deciper them and then find their hidden meaning []
- Tîw
XII. Those who use them grow weed or get killed []
XIII. Elvish 'magic' undid Sam's.
- Knot
XIV. Tolkien created an equivalent for it using tengwar that he used pretty often.
XV. One example.
- Inns
XVI. Ulmo and Ossë can move them ! - Islands
XVII. Up until 78 of those can be found sometimes ! []

Ready? Steady... Go!

[ 02-21-2009, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Nash []

Precision :

XV. is actually : One example.

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
VII) Lamps? Illuin and Ormal?
XIII) Rope?
XV) Inn?

[ 02-19-2009, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Aerel ]

From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] (not exactly) []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
XIII) Knot?

[ 02-19-2009, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Aerel ]

From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

[] []

E : I just realized I. was grammatically wrong. It should read "Trees which provide protection from trees", I guess []

[ 02-19-2009, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
III: Gimli?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

[]
I wouldn't have called him a doofus, it's not his fault ! []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
XVI: Islands?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
XIV-> JRRT?

Edit.-

I-> High Hay?

[ 02-19-2009, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Durthdil ]

From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

[] [] [] (or the Hedge, both work [] )

E : Nice to see you post, Durth []

E3 : Thanks Nash []

[ 02-20-2009, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have edited my post accordingly... (and also made the necessary corrections --like the missing link)
From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
III-> Grima?

Thanks for the welcome, I just missed MT...

From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

[]
Meliverindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2830

posted      Profile for Meliverindë   Author's Homepage   Email Meliverindë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
IX. Fangorn []
From: Italy | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Nope, but thanks for trying ! [] Keep going ! []

I'll post hints when we hit a new page []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

1st guess for XI: Riddles?
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

5 clues are cryptic. Then again, almost all of our cryptic clues experts are gone []
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
VI - Jewels

VIII - the Elessar?

IX - Old Forest?

XI - Runes? or Moon Runes?

[ 02-21-2009, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Madomir ]

From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

2nd guess for XI: Dreams from Gods, such as the one which Boromir and Faramir received.
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Hamfast : []

Mado : [] [] [] [] You're actually close for XI. though, except that I'm looking for another kind of script in another kind of situation [] Oh, and this clue is cryptic. It's probably one of the hardest one just because the word is obscure []
VIII. is actually much better known under a more generic name that the one I'm looking for. "Fake" is the clue's important part.
The first letter of IX. is right. Or maybe the first three, actually []

Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Fake" is the clue's important part.
Actually it was the word 'fake' that led me to the Elessar. Not that one was fake per se, but there was a copy made. []
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

True [] Well, it is even more obvious in this case.
^
|
Big big hint ! []

Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
IX: Old Grange;

XI: Tîw.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am in too great doubt to rule. To prepare or to let be? To prepare for war, which is yet only guessed: train craftsmen and tillers in the midst of peace for bloodspilling and battle: put iron in the hands of greedy captains who will love only conquest, and count the slain as their glory? Will they say to Eru: At least your enemies were amongst them? Or to fold hands, while friends die unjustly: let men live in blind peace, until the ravisher is at the gate? What then will they do: match naked hands against iron and die in vain, or flee leaving the cries of women behind them? Will they say to Eru: At least I spilled no blood?
'When either way may lead to evil, of what worth is choice? Let the Valar rule under Eru!
- Tar Meneldur [UT 2 II:173-174]

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I was looking for Old Mill, but []
[] for tîw as well []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » The Password Game #11 (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  31  32  33 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help