Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » Coat of arms, Arnor or even better Rhudaur
Author Topic: Coat of arms, Arnor or even better Rhudaur
Dûramarth
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3040
posted      Profile for Dûramarth   Email Dûramarth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody know the heraldic signs of Arnor? All i found was Gondor and other signs of the southern Dúnedain.

thx for the answers

Dûramarth

From: Germany | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grondar
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1616

posted      Profile for Grondar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Memory says that Arnor was a white star on a blue field. Don't remember where though, so it may not be correct.
From: West | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember right, the symbol of Arnor was the Seven Stars while the symbol of Gondor was the White Tree, and both were combined while the two were still ruled by Elendil.

But I'm not 100% on that.

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dûramarth
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3040
posted      Profile for Dûramarth   Email Dûramarth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I now found that Arnor was seven stars under a high crown silver/white on black.(Gondor seven stars over a white tree)
Rhudaur cant be found anywhere so perhaps there is no specific in Tolkiens work.

From: Germany | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't recall hearing much about the Rhudaur coat of arms...
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Emblems of the Kingship of Arnor were the Sceptre of Annuminas and the Elendilmir Star of Elendil, whereas the Crown was the Emblem of the Kingship of Gondor. The White Tree was symbolic of Gondor and the Seven Stars were symbolic of Arnor. The Dunedain Rangers wore the Rayed Star brooch on their cloaks. I believe the Seven Stars over The White Tree with the crown was symbolic of the United kingdom Elendil, and a new banner was made by Arwen that was revealed in the Battle of Pelennor Fields. As for a Coat of Arms, much was lost in the north with the sacking of Fornost and the loss of King Arvedui and his men, so the fact the Elendilmir and the Sceptre themselves were not lost is a wonder.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » Coat of arms, Arnor or even better Rhudaur
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help