profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » The Lays of Belariand
Author Topic: The Lays of Belariand
The Tenth Nazgul
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2930

posted      Profile for The Tenth Nazgul   Email The Tenth Nazgul   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How is this book? I really like poems and the tale of Beren and Luthien is my favortie of all Tolkien's stories, but it looks complicated. Also, I'm not a fan of Turin. What should I do?
From: My Beloved Dark Diocese | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A.H.Black
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2285
posted      Profile for A.H.Black   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I asked this same question about six months ago and everyone who responded recommended that I slog through it. I'm still slogging. If I have to, so do you.
Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Lord Andúril
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2564

posted      Profile for Dark Lord Andúril   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Andúril   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lol its a good book, i would read it just for the wealth of referancial info it has, and if you like lays then youll love this.
From: In Imladris I dwell... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Tenth Nazgul
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2930

posted      Profile for The Tenth Nazgul   Email The Tenth Nazgul   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot! i'll get to it straight away!!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Nine he gave to Mortal Men, proud and great, and so ensnared them. Long ago they fell under the dominion of the One, and they became Ringwraiths, shadows under his great Shadow, his most terrible servants. And one innocent bystander bought an exact replica of one of the rings on E-BAY, and he became the Tenth Nazgul. He then took over the Dark Diocese to honor his nine "colleagues."

From: My Beloved Dark Diocese | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have read only the Lay of Leithien, and I LOVE IT!!
I love it way more than the version of the tale in the Silmarillion. More descrptive, more beautiful!
I would suggest you read what interests you...

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Tenth Nazgul
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2930

Ok, I'll definately read it now. I know you love the lay of Lithian, I believe you're the one with the cool parody []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
....and 16 years later, I recommend the Beren & Luthien book recently released.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » The Lays of Belariand
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help