Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » The Legendarium Project (Page 9)
Author Topic: The Legendarium Project
Thalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4172
posted      Profile for Thalion   Email Thalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll help you out there DLA []

But really, I would be glad to offer a hand. This is a fantastic idea, but my knowledge of HOME is not that extensive, I am currently working through them so cannot be of that much help. I would however, be glad to help proofreading what you have. I assume you would have us looking at coherency and how it runs.

Also, I know Herendil on the last page and almost a year ago was taking about this so has most likely finished and moved on, but you were saying that Erendis's people are the closest yet live the least like the Eldar and that that makes no sense. I think you could easily dignify that: They already had close ties to the eldar so they would want to retain their normal culture. Whereas the rest of Numenor who did not spend so much time with them would desire more to be like this remote glory that is the Eldar.

From: Hiding in a Filing Cabinet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Herendil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1494

posted      Profile for Herendil   Author's Homepage   Email Herendil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We are far from finished, but we are still working on it and intend to get it done. It has gone slowly recently but we will have more time for it in the summer.

Is there anyone else beside Thalion who is interested in helping us?

The problem I mentioned concerning the Númenórean life-span is discussed more thoroughly here.

[ 05-09-2004, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Herendil ]

From: Nowadays: The Lord of the Rings Fanatics Forum | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings all,
I'm a newbie here in MT, and having read the posts about the legendarium project, you have piqued my interest.
This looks like an interesting project. Is there any news since the last post of around may of 2004?

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bump again. Any news ?
Anyway, I have to say I have several objections on what I read here ...

And one question for Nash : I also read about your own project. Did you also include some of the last VT texts in it ? I mainly think about VTs 39, 41, 42, 47 and 48.

[ 01-02-2007, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Eluchil ]

From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Ten Years Gone*

I wonder if this was ever completed.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » The Legendarium Project (Page 9)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help