Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » Tolkien Art (Page 3)
Author Topic: Tolkien Art
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
On the Galadriel link by Orofacion... It is quite nice, but its a bit too surreal to me. I think this is more to my liking of an Image if Galadriel

The one of the Witch King and Eowyn is quite good for ther greyshade art. I like it!

[ 12-06-2002, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Snowdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quite nice Snowdog, a bit on the romanticism side for me, or perhaps a bit of classical mixed in there as well. Nonetheless, a far better depiction of Galadriel than many of attempts out there.

Speaking of failed attempts at depiction, I've yet to find any Luthien portrait that does an elven maiden of the highest beauty of all justice. Anyone care to share their favorite artwork depicting Luthien?

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4975
posted      Profile for Galin   Edit/Delete Post 
Sad news from Wayne Hammond concerning Pauline Baynes:

quote:
We've just had the sad news that Pauline Baynes, the esteemed artist, illustrator of Tolkien's Farmer Giles of Ham, The Adventures of Tom Bombadil and Other Verses from the Red Book, Smith of Wootton Major, Bilbo's Last Song, etc., and of Lewis's Narnia books, passed away a few days ago at her home in Surrey. She would have turned 86 next month.

Wayne and Christina

I'm a big fan of her artwork.
Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It is sad to hear that.
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that's sad, did she draw those CS Lewis pictures?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's really sad news.
I first got to know her art through the Narnia books, and later through Farmer Giles of Ham and other Tolkien works.
I've loved her drawings ever since.

http://eq5.net/img/tolkimg/100102_bilboslastcover_lg.jpg[/URL]
quote:
Farewell to Middle-earth at last,
I see the Star upon your mast!

She will have made her last journey now ...
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4975
posted      Profile for Galin   Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a bit more:

http://briansibleysblog.blogspot.com/

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Among my beloved  -
From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful rendering of Cirith Ungol.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Orofacion of the Vanyar said over ten years ago:
quote:
Speaking of failed attempts at depiction, I've yet to find any Luthien portrait that does an elven maiden of the highest beauty of all justice. Anyone care to share their favorite artwork depicting Luthien?
Some of these are quite nice...

Luthien

Luthien

Luthien

-

(I had to post the image of the last link, for "moon_blossom" has done a great job.)

[ 02-24-2013, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » Tolkien Art (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help