profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » Encyclopedia of Arda
Author Topic: Encyclopedia of Arda
amandil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 8

posted      Profile for amandil   Email amandil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Another nice Tolkien resource...

Arda

Check it out! I like their "timeline" graphic:

From: ny, usa | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This has always been a nice site. I've had it bookmarked forever.

The only problems are the lackluster way the information is finally presented, the lack of depth to the definitions, and the way things you look up are so littered with other HTML links that it's hard to read sometimes.

However, this is one site that's a basis for what I hope will be my own archive addition to Minas Tirith someday. I will try to not make some of the mistakes other sites have.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narsil
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 48
posted      Profile for Narsil   Email Narsil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Amandil,for sharing the link,and i do agree with you WCW,though a very intrestin place,it would have been much better if it had some sort of life,rather then just being to the point and over linked,but guess the main thing is that the unfo is correct and it has a lot of info.
Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This link is great! it is almost constantly being updated! Give it a look !
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 38
posted      Profile for Beren   Email Beren   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! this site is grand! I bookmarked it!
Thanks Amandil!

From: Northwest USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor willhap
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 300
posted      Profile for willhap   Email willhap   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This is definitely a great site. One of my first posts was asking about website that contained character definitions etc... And of course, Arda was the first place someone recommened.
From: Jackson, MS | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
posted      Profile for Aragorn_croatia   Email Aragorn_croatia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice site I may say.

------------------
Namarie!Nai hiruvalye Valimar.Nai elye hiruva.Namarie!

From: Atlanta, GA / South Kent, CT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 38
posted      Profile for Beren   Email Beren   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I find I use this site alot!
From: Northwest USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 38
I see it was updated in some areas!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am an outlaw, I was born an outlaw's son,
the highway is my legacy, on the highway I will run.

The One Ring

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The site is still going strong. An invaluable resource!
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've often used other reference sites but I always go back to it. Now they have apps for both the iPhone and iPad.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Between this site, the Atlas of Middle Earth, and the appendices, I have gotten tons of use in writing my tales based in ME.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Reference Material » Encyclopedia of Arda
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help