Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » History of Middle-earth » The Great Debate of the Valar.. I am looking for a quote...
Author Topic: The Great Debate of the Valar.. I am looking for a quote...
Calenlassiel
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11356
posted      Profile for Calenlassiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It was about the Maring of Arda and the difference in Justice and Judgement?

It was Manwë reply that I am searching for.

From: Garden of the Lady | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So it is doomed?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calenlassiel
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11356
posted      Profile for Calenlassiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I found the quote. I thought I would share with you all.

The title is taken from words spoken by Lord Manwë in this same debate:

"Neither must ye forget that in Arda Marred Justice is not Healing. Healing cometh only by suffering and patience, and maketh no demand, not even for Justice. Justice worketh only within the bonds of things as they are, accepting the marring of Arda, and therefore, though Justice is itself good and desireth no further evil, it can but perpetuate the evil that was, and doth not prevent it from the bearing of fruit in sorrow."

From: Garden of the Lady | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » History of Middle-earth » The Great Debate of the Valar.. I am looking for a quote...
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help