Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » The Hobbit, why different from the other histories
Author Topic: The Hobbit, why different from the other histories
Hopafoot
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11239
posted      Profile for Hopafoot   Email Hopafoot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe The Hobbit is not meant to be a perfectly accurate account of events, but an adaptation for children of what actually happened. Maybe Bilbo made the adaptation for Hobbit children. It does have a rather Bilbo-ish tone and manner, does it not?

[ 12-04-2009, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Hopafoot ]

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe The Hobbit is meant to be a story for children. [] Let me repeat: a story. []
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
Poor Grim, you should know by now (from dealing with all those filthy Commie lib'rals [] ) that the crazy is like a goldfish: it grows to fill the available container. Unfortunately, the internet is limitless.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopafoot
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11239
posted      Profile for Hopafoot   Email Hopafoot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not only is my post crazy, but it belongs under the topic "Is The Hobbit Accurate?" I suppose newbies often start topics that already exist... all of mine are probably like that. WGW, please move/remove my threads.
Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Naw, save the thread. [] Leave it as a lesson for others.
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » The Hobbit, why different from the other histories
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help