Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Riddles in the Dark III (Page 3)
Author Topic: Riddles in the Dark III
faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

posted      Profile for faithy gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email faithy gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*whispers*no*whispers*
From: under a pointy hat. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very funny Joe . And just for reference, when you refer to another member in MT in a post, you must put their name in bold. [] Just a reminder.
[] [] [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..The Lord is my Shepherd.....
...Our Father who art in Heaven....
...Hail Mary full of grace.....
....Glory be to the Father......
..I belive in God the Father al...
..Hail Holy Queen Mother of.......

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think people need a clue, Athene
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Yo, Thubeldhia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5070

posted      Profile for Yo, Thubeldhia   Email Yo, Thubeldhia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And just for reference, when you refer to another member in MT in a post, you must put their name in bold. Just a reminder.
It's usually done for easy finding, but I don't think it's a MUST.
From: Far far away | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Clue 1: They key is in the punctuation - a word DOT lots of other words...

Clue 2: It is something we use, but Arien uses it the most and in a different context.

Clue 3: You've been circling around the answer for a while now...
[]

[ 05-18-2005, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I got it! It's a Period in time !
[] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OK, one more clue before I actually hand the answer to you on a plate.

The content of the words is completely irrelevant to the answer.

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

posted      Profile for faithy gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email faithy gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i think i know what it is. it would suck if i was wrong...is the answer...Pi?
From: under a pointy hat. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] [] []
YAY!!!!
Go faithy, go faithy, go faithy....

faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

i knew that was it...crap...now i have to think of good one. let me think about it..
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
Pi? Like the mathematical number 3.14? Interesting... Good Job!
[] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

ok, this should be easy for all of you smart MTers. and most of you prolly already know the answer, but here goes anyway.

Mom, Dad, and 2 kids have come to a river, and they find a boat. It is small and can only carry one adult or 2 kids at a time. Both kids are good rowers, but how can the whole family reach the other side of the river?

Bookwyrm
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3631

posted      Profile for Bookwyrm   Email Bookwyrm   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This should do it:

Both of the kids cross, and one returns.

One parent crosses, and the other child returns with the boat.

Both children cross again, and one returns with the boat.

The remaining adult crosses, and the child who was on the far side returns.

Both children cross.

Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
** AHEM**
From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
*Hear, Hear!*
[] [] [] [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

sawry! i don't get on as much as i used to, but yes, thats right. good job!!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
take it away Booky
From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bookwyrm
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3631

posted      Profile for Bookwyrm   Email Bookwyrm   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bother - now I've got to think of a riddle. []

Let's try this:

In me are philoshopy, poetry, lore.
In me are the tales and the learning of yore.
But in what is slimy and wet you will find me
And if I'm in cloth it is ruined.

[ 05-27-2005, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Bookwyrm ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
is the answer Bookworms
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
I know the answer! YODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[] [] [] [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Flame of Udun
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4790
posted      Profile for Flame of Udun   Email Flame of Udun   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i think he is referring to ink in a squid?
From: Elk Grove, California | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bookwyrm
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3631

Tanj is correct, and Flame's explanation is also correct.

Please give us the next riddle, Tanj! []

faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
there should be a rule that anyone who does not take their turn in 3 days will automatically be forefeited of their turns and someone else goes.

[ 06-05-2005, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas ]

faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

there should be a rule on spelling correctly....noob...
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Riddles in the Dark III (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help