Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Riddles in the Dark III (Page 2)
Author Topic: Riddles in the Dark III
Roll of Honor The Woodwose
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Robert and Lewis aren't TWINS, but they ARE brothers. Robert has two twin brothers, the eldest being Lewis. So, obviously, they don't have the same birthday.

Am I close?

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I tried that. She said no.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How'd I miss that?
From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

posted      Profile for White Maiden   Email White Maiden   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, Robert was born on the 28th of February on a non leap year- late at night [] Lewis was born the next morning on the first of March. The current year, when the twins celebrate their birthdays, is a leap year, so there is now one day between them, and lewis is two days younger than Robert? []
From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No, no and no.

*reposts again for this page*
quote:
Robert celebrated his birthday on one day; two days later his older twin brother, Lewis, celebrated his birthday. How could this be?
Robert and Lewis ARE twins.

White Maiden, you are very close... Just remember that Lewis is the elder of the two. []

E: I'm at work, and don't have the answer with me, but it has partially been guessed.

[ 05-04-2005, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe there twins in the eyes of God? []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..The Lord is my Shepherd.....
...Our Father who art in Heaven....
...Hail Mary full of grace.....
....Glory be to the Father......
..I belive in God the Father al...
..Hail Holy Queen Mother of.......

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Er, yeah... in the eyes of God, their mother, their GP... nearly everyone.

The answer refers to something that we deal with here in our world-wide community. []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well it's an accident involving International Date line and a Leap Year. She was travelling near the IDL while giving birth. She gave birth for the elder twin on March 1st, crossed the date line and gave birth on Feb 28th to the younger twin that being a non leap year. And on any leap year, the elder twin will celebrate the birthday two days after the younger one.
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure it wasn't an accident involving a contraceptive and a time machine?
*gets a bit Hitchhiker*
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Quite right, Fangorn. [] She was travelling on a boat, according to the place I found the question, and I guess that's really the only way one could have such an experience these days. []

*passes the turn onto the Ent/Forest* []

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Thank you Braeden. Here is mine:
What letter should come next ?
M Y V S E H M S J R S N U S N E P ?

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I know.... but only 'cos I saw it somewhere. I'll let someone else work it out.
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I had to google it..., I feel so guilty []
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Er..... [] Google may have been where I saw it.
*is ashamed*
[]

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Guys, stop your ramblings and post the answer I say!! []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

O
[]

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Correct. Please provide explanation for everybody's benefit, and take the turn!! []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

It is the first and last letters of the planets, in order from MercurY, to Plut.......O.

Hold on for next riddle....

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I like this one. The key is in the punctuation....

Sir. I bear a rhyme excelling
In mystic force and magic spelling
Celestial sprites elucidate
All my own striving can't relate

Sorry if we've had this before. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

Erm, what are we trying to figure out?
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

What am I?
(Well, not what am I, obviously....)

Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I got the answer! YODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[] [] [] [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..The Lord is my Shepherd.....
...Our Father who art in Heaven....
...Hail Mary full of grace.....
....Glory be to the Father......
..I belive in God the Father al...
..Hail Holy Queen Mother of.......

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Close....
[] []
I'll give you a clue, seeing as only Google has the answer...
[]
We all use this sometimes, Arien the most by far - although she uses it in a different context to the rest of us....

faithy gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2708

posted      Profile for faithy gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email faithy gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i know whhat the answer is. but i can't think of a good riddle, so i'm gonna let someone else guess it.
From: under a pointy hat. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Psst! Faithy help me out as my name implies im very stupid
some even say my IQ is equal to that of mayonaise

[ 05-28-2005, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas ]

From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Riddles in the Dark III (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help