Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Riddles in the Dark III (Page 11)
Author Topic: Riddles in the Dark III
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would guess more black keys, because in addition to the large keys, the smaller sharps and flats are traditionally black keys.
From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
posted      Profile for Q   Email Q   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You've keyed it in Musnud!

Since one half is more numerous than the other there had to be another explaination...Fantastic! Your turn.

From: LOS ANGELES, CA. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

posted      Profile for Meneldil   Email Meneldil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Technically, the tie question could also be answered Mr. Black with a brown tie, Mr. Brown with a green tie and Mr. Green with a black tie.
Not at all, unless you're suggesting that someone would say "By golly, you're right!" to their own observation.
Ok, so theoretically possible, but a bit strange. []

From: Guildford, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Also, Müsnud,
quote:
Also, given that Susan could probably feel whether a glove was right- or left-handed, she could technically just pull out 7 to ensure a match (all 6 right-handed gloves and one left-handed glove oughtta do it)...
You forget that there are 12 pairs, and thus 12 right-handed gloves, 6 white and 6 black. So if Susan can feel the handedness of a glove, she still needs to pull out 7 right-handed gloves to be certain that she has at least 1 white and 1 black one. Only then any left-handed glove she pulls out will match at least one of the right-handed gloves. So the minimum total she has to pull out is 8.
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

posted      Profile for Meneldil   Email Meneldil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Might The Mighty Müsnud grace us with a riddle?

[ 03-21-2006, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Meneldil ]

From: Guildford, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh...hey! Lookie here...

Okay, here's one I just made up...

When my lids are shut I see naught but light,
That is, of course, unless it's night.

EDIT: No guesses? Shall I add some more lines to the riddle?

[ 04-17-2006, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: The Mighty Müsnud ]

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Balin Lord of Moria
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 332
posted      Profile for Balin Lord of Moria   Author's Homepage   Email Balin Lord of Moria   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
why do i have the sense this will involve a jar and fire files? lol. maybe you should add a line in a lil bit ill keep crunching on it
From: Shirley,NY,USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

No Balin, nothing to do with fireflies...

When my lids are shut I see naught but light,
That is, of course, unless it's night.
But purposefully I try to hide
That light from those that dwell inside.

Leto Atreides
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4450
posted      Profile for Leto Atreides   Author's Homepage   Email Leto Atreides   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like a window, or more specifically the curtains/shutters
From: Caladan | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

Indeed, Leto, it is window blinds. Your turn. [] []
Leto Atreides
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4450
posted      Profile for Leto Atreides   Author's Homepage   Email Leto Atreides   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent!

Sorry for the delay, but I've been preoccupied with girl problems, and it completely slipped my mind.

Why is it so easy to weigh fish?

This is not really a riddle, more of a joke. I know it sucks, but i am hell outta riddles. Hope you enjoy it!

I think it would be a good idea if someone compiled a list of the ten greatest riddles of all time. I'll admit, this request arises partly from my reluctance to go through all the pages of the three 'Riddles in the Dark' threads, but i stand by it.

[ 04-29-2006, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Leto Atreides ]

From: Caladan | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

posted      Profile for Shards of Narsil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Something to do with fish having scales... I'll go for "Because they have so many scales [] "
Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

Along SoN's line of reasoning, I'd say the answer is because they come with their own scales.
[]

Monkybone
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5179
posted      Profile for Monkybone   Email Monkybone   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
lets say that is correct. new riddle please []
Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leto Atreides
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4450
Yeh, well done!

Take it away Narsil

[ 05-04-2006, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Leto Atreides ]

Monkybone
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5179
posted      Profile for Monkybone   Email Monkybone   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wake up everybody! new riddle narsil. can we have a rule if no one have posted for a week, a new riddle can be posted?
Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

Take it away if you've got one, Monkeybone. A week's time is sufficient...
Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

posted      Profile for Shards of Narsil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry,

In light, I'm dark. In darkness I'm gone. When gone for good so am I. What am I?

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

A shadow, I suppose?
Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

Correct!
Silvanis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4926
posted      Profile for Silvanis   Email Silvanis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
well i came back after a long time away and would like to guess at a new riddle

or perhaps if the rules are the same in a day or so post a new riddle?

From: i dont know IM LOST!!! | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

Oops! Sorry. Uh, let's see. Time to make up another I suppose.

My cry pierces silence.
It wakens thee to hear,
A word from one in absence,
Whispered in your ear.

Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
posted      Profile for Q   Email Q   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The radio? - a word from one in absense.

A messanger who doesn't get to deliver his message because he is shot down and his "cries pierce the silence"? []

[ 05-17-2006, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: MANDOS ]

From: LOS ANGELES, CA. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Telephone - Wired or Wireless variety.
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

Fangorn has it. It is indeed a telephone...
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Riddles in the Dark III (Page 11)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help