Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Riddles in the Dark III (Page 1)
Author Topic: Riddles in the Dark III
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

The other thread had grown too fat, time for a new one has come!

RULES:
This is fairly simple, someone posts a Riddle... The first one who 'cracks' the Riddle can post his own!

===========

The old thread ended open for anyone to post a new riddle... So if you've got one, feel free to post []

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
posted      Profile for Pippin the fierce   Author's Homepage   Email Pippin the fierce   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not all that great at riddles, but.....

Created once, like mice and men,
From breath it's life is given
It's filled with air, but does not breathe
Knows not death and is not living

Floating gracefully through the air
You can see throght it's heart at a glance
It slowly descends to the ground below
Where, to live, it has no chance.

From: The greatest place on earth-VIRGINIA!!! | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Findaráto Felagund
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5043
posted      Profile for Findaráto Felagund   Email Findaráto Felagund   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Could it be a balloon?
From: Nargothrond, Middle-earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
posted      Profile for Pippin the fierce   Author's Homepage   Email Pippin the fierce   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Close but no cigar.
From: The greatest place on earth-VIRGINIA!!! | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Findaráto Felagund
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5043
posted      Profile for Findaráto Felagund   Email Findaráto Felagund   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, how about a bubble?
From: Nargothrond, Middle-earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
You got it! Your turn.
Roll of Honor The Woodwose
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think Findarato's turn is officially over.
From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
You wanna have a go?
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly:

Take a five-letter word meaning "having an unpleasant smell." Insert it backward, inside another five-letter word meaning, "having a strong smell." The result will be a ten-letter name of a famous composer.

Who is it?

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mussorgsky?
From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.... That's a hard one. I know not the answer. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..The Lord is my Shepherd.....
...Our Father who art in Heaven....
...Hail Mary full of grace.....
....Glory be to the Father......
..I belive in God the Father al...
..Hail Holy Queen Mother of.......

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

But Braeden does.

Your turn Platypus. []

And might I add, well done! It took me a while to figure it out.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me if this has been posted before. I don't check the Riddle thread very often. []

Robert celebrated his birthday on one day; two days later his older twin brother, Lewis, celebrated his birthday. How could this be?

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They were born the 28th of februaty at 0:00 Zulú [] , and this year has 29th of february (how do you call those years?)
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Er... Not quite. []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They lived antipodeally opposite one another?
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Read the riddle carefully.
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Robeert has twin brothers, whose birthdays are two days after his. Lewis is the elder of the twins.
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Read it MORE carefully.
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

They were both born on the same day - but Lewis was in a coma until two days afterwards, so didn't get round to celebrating until their birthday was over.
[]
I give up.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

No, they weren't born on the same day... technically. []
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does the answer have to do with countries and different time zones?
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Or bizarre and unethical fertility treatments?
*already knows the answer is going to be no*
[]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

It's possible that the birth of these blokes happened before those things were brought into society.
Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
They celebrated their birthdays on different days then when they were born??
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Riddles in the Dark III (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help