search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Goblin-gate of Eyne
Author Topic: Goblin-gate of Eyne
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In the map of Wilderland, the eastern goblin-gate has a name: Eyne (I believe - the type is rather small). Is this one of those rare place-names that are on a map but not in the text anywhere? Just curious.
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that word on the map is Eyrie, as inthe Eagle's eyrie... but the real question is what is that little blurb between Goblin Gate and Eyrie, looks like "by" (almost)?
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's an ... err ... thingymabob. Can't remember what it's called. This: &
From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

This should link to my thread...

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ampersand ! []
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit! I nearly had it. I knew it began with an 'a' . . .
From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I see it now... "&". I guess that wierd squiggly thing next to it is just part of the map.
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*waits around for Thorin's explanation*

*wonders if he'll be alive by the end of the day*

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh crap. I have three copies of the Hobbit, and that freaking thing does not look like a "&" to me in any of them. I can see the "Eyrie" though - I just never pictured it as such.

Curse you Lug! I was going to delete this monstrosity but you had to link it to your thread.

* goes and sits by Telperion in Obviousville *

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Goblin-gate of Eyne
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help