Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » To WHOM was it spoken? (new trivia topic)... (Page 28)
Author Topic: To WHOM was it spoken? (new trivia topic)...
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The quote:
quote:
What's going on?
Posed by Thorin.
My answer: To Gandalf and the hobbits who were auctioning off Bilbo's things when he returned to Bag-End. Spoken by Bilbo, of course.

[ 07-22-2006, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: LyraLuthien Tinuviel ]

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lyra - Thanks for the answer. Its posted by me, if you dont mind [] . Your turn!
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
posted      Profile for Lórien   Email Lórien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
geez... I should have thought of that stupid auction....
From: thats completely up to you. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Fangorn. Somehow you remind me a great deal of Thorin, though I haven't gotten two MT citizens mixed up so much since my newbie days.
*goes off to find a good hobbit quote*

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

quote:
There is no sleep in me tonight

Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
posted      Profile for Lórien   Email Lórien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bilbo to Bombur before Bilbo goes to deliver the Arkenstone
From: thats completely up to you. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Indeed. []
Your go, Lorien!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Don't say we have come now to the end; White shores are calling.
You and I will meet again.
Across the sea a pale moon rising; the ships have come to carry you home.
And all will turn to silver glass; A light on the water
Grey Ships pass into the West.

Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
"How far away do you think it is?"
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Lyra - I will take it as a compliment. Alas that I probably dont have a hundredth of TOlkien knowledge that Thorin has. But what is the source of your confusion? He is avatarless, and I have a shiny green avatar! []
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lókë Heru
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5412
posted      Profile for Lókë Heru   Email Lókë Heru   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"How far away do you think it is?"
Thorin, asking how far the boat across the river was.
Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Lókë Heru - Welcome to Minas Tirith, and to Hobbit Lit Games. This is a "To Whom" thread, meaning, you need to specify whom it was spoken to, not who has spoken it.
Lókë Heru
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5412
posted      Profile for Lókë Heru   Email Lókë Heru   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, he was talking to Bilbo Baggins.
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
Nope. []
Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

posted      Profile for Shards of Narsil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Umm.. I just looked it up and it was spoken to Bilbo... so could you explain why it's wrong. [] Is there another instance of the same line being used?

EDIT:spelling

[ 07-25-2006, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Shards of Narsil ]

Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
ACKK ...... Forgot that this is called
"to WHOM was it spoken"................ yes it was said to Bilbo , sorry about that but if you so desire you can tell me who said it....
Silly me.....

Lókë Heru
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5412
quote:
but if you so desire you can tell me who said it....

If you had scrolled up you'd had seen i already said who said it. Thorin asking how far the boat was across the river.

Btw, does this mean i have to find a quote now?

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Lókë Heru - Yes! []
You could alternatively pass the opportunity to anybody you like(if they are willing to post, that is), or just anybody. Though that will make this thread dead for a while, as usually there are very little takers.

Lókë Heru
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5412
"Upon my word!"
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
Said by Elrond to Gandalf?

[ 07-26-2006, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Lórien ]

Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll go for Thorin saying it to Bilbo
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lókë Heru
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5412
Your turn Durthdil.
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!, was I right with Thorin?, it was a complete guess!

Let's see now, to whom was said:

quote:
and dragons must sleep sometimes, I suppose
It is veeeeery easy.
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5454
posted      Profile for Rumil   Email Rumil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bilbo to Thorin

[ 07-27-2006, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Rumil ]

From: Lothlorien | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
And that was veeeeery fast.

Your turn, Rumil

Rumil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5454
posted      Profile for Rumil   Email Rumil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I take off my hood to you

From: Lothlorien | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » To WHOM was it spoken? (new trivia topic)... (Page 28)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help