Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  27  28  29 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » To WHOM was it spoken? (new trivia topic)... (Page 2)
Author Topic: To WHOM was it spoken? (new trivia topic)...
Altarial
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1103

posted      Profile for Altarial   Email Altarial   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
the company??
From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

posted      Profile for Shards of Narsil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
bilbo?
Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy Brandybuck
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2328

posted      Profile for Lucy Brandybuck   Email Lucy Brandybuck   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Beorn?

[ 08-18-2002, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Lucy Brandybuck ]

From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*shoots into the darkness*

Gwaihir?

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

posted      Profile for Shards of Narsil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Bump*
Isiltári
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2385

posted      Profile for Isiltári   Author's Homepage   Email Isiltári   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the delay, friends!

Lucy Brandybuck has it correct -- it was Beorn.

From: Mirkwood | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy Brandybuck
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2328

posted      Profile for Lucy Brandybuck   Email Lucy Brandybuck   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Be quick and give Mr. Baggins a hand up!
spoken by Thorin

From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragorn186
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 428

posted      Profile for Aragorn186   Author's Homepage   Email Aragorn186   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
the other dwarves?
From: GA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy Brandybuck
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2328

sigh...it was too one dwarf in particular....which of course narrows it down considerably []
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Was it to Glóin, the greatest of all dwarves?
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

lol or was it nori
Isiltári
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2385

posted      Profile for Isiltári   Author's Homepage   Email Isiltári   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bombur?
From: Mirkwood | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy Brandybuck
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2328

nope, nope, nope []
Altarial
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1103

posted      Profile for Altarial   Email Altarial   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Crud...I don't OWN the Hobbit...or I did, but I won't go thru THAT story again...
It's the same hobbit who has Bilbo on his back when they are fleeing, just before Bilbo meets Gollum....I can't remember the dwarf's name tho....was it Dori?

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy Brandybuck
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2328

You got it Altariel!
Altarial
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1103

*yay*
Um....first person to have a quote, can go, cuz my copy of the Hobbit...lost itself at a relatives. So! Someone? Anyone?

Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'Thank you very much I am sure'

~ Bilbo

Edit: Altarial, I hardly ever use my copies of the books to find quotes. May I refer to Fingolfin's Reference Materials thread!

[ 08-29-2002, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Gandalf the White ]

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That is not a wise thing to do Gandy, though those sources are good for Trivia (in some cases) they are a pathetic source for quotes. They suffer from many spelling errors and bad punctuation, in particular quotation marks.

The book is definitely what you should use.

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have found errors in it, but I either just correct it before using it, or get the quote online, and then refer to the book to check it.

But yes, the book is the better way to go, except when you do not have access to a book such as is Altarial's situation.

[ 08-29-2002, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Gandalf the White ]

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shards of Narsil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2056

Beorn?
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

Not to Beorn!
Lucy Brandybuck
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2328

Spoken to Thorin?
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

Nope!
Altarial
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1103

Lakemen....what's his face.....lol sorry. []
The head dude of Laketown?

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

He didn't have a name. He was called only 'The Master'.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » To WHOM was it spoken? (new trivia topic)... (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  27  28  29 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help