Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Who said that... (Page 69)
Author Topic: Who said that...
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
With respect to CoG
quote:
"Humph!" (or some snort more or less like that). "Will he do, do you think?..."

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6104
posted      Profile for Eldarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, CoG, can it really take you that long to think of one? []
From: Washington (not D.C.) | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
look what I found in the Minas Tirith faq.

quote:
What are the rules for trivia threads?
If you answer a question and you are sure you are correct, you must ask the next question. Don't answer a question if you don't have a new question ready. If the answer is complex or you're not sure if you are correct, ask for confirmation. You must check back during that day to see if someone confirmed your answer so you can post the next question promptly. If someone answers a question correctly but neglects to post a new question, anyone may post a new question after 4 hours have passed. However, if there is an open question legally on the table, it must be answered before a new one can be asked. If no one is answering your question, you may answer it yourself and post a new one to keep the thread flowing. Lastly, when posting a new question, please try to stay within the parameters of the topic (ex: No Silmarillion questions in the LotR forum).

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

Well, its been a month now...can we move on, someone???

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Supra
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5329
posted      Profile for Supra   Email Supra   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok who said Get Up You Lazy Bones, or There Will Be No Breakfast Left For You ?

[ 05-09-2007, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: SupraUX ]

From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Gondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5254

posted      Profile for Captain of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Captain of Gondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys. I totally forgot I had answered correctly in this trivia game.

I'm going to say Gandalf to that.

From: Ririe, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supra
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5329
posted      Profile for Supra   Email Supra   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, Good Try

Sry for taking your turn []

From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Gondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5254

posted      Profile for Captain of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Captain of Gondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's alright. I totally forgot about it, so it's all good.
From: Ririe, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Was it Balin?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Actually, I am now feeling a lot better about things, in general.

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supra
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5329
Nope, Ill give u a hint, its not a very major character. Why does my post have a thumbs up at the main forums page?

[ 05-10-2007, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: SupraUX ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC, Bofur to Bilbo, in Beorn's house?

Did you edit the header smiley from thumbs up to thumbs down? If so, the smiley doesn't change in the main forum, I've noticed.

E: If I'm right, someone else may post a new question. I'll be away this weekend, and what's more, I don't have the book here []

[ 05-11-2007, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Artaresto ]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supra
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5329
[] [] Artaresto you are correct, it is Bofur [] []

Whoever wants to can go...

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As I don't have The Hobbit in English, I dug this quote up from the internet somewhere. It's probably easy, but at least it will get the game going again []

quote:
Lovely titles! But lucky numbers don't always come off!

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erinti
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3470

posted      Profile for Erinti   Email Erinti   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's Smaug to Bilbo, right?
From: Somewhere out there | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Of course. [] Your turn
Erinti
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3470

posted      Profile for Erinti   Email Erinti   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. []

I really shouldn't participate in trivia threads because I can never know if I'll get back the next day or the next year [] , but anyway:

He will get little enough, I doubt not.

(If I don't show up in a week or so, please someone else confirm the answer, or just go on without confirmation.)

From: Somewhere out there | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

Thorin at the Lonely Mountain's newly cut stone wall.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Erinti
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3470

Yes, it was Thorin. Your turn.
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

ok then.
quote:
What's all this uproar in the forest tonight?

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

Am I a thread killer? []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't that Gwaihir, Lord of the Eagles? []

[ 01-15-2008, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

quote:
The dwarves and Bilbo shouted and cheered. The rage of the wolves was
terrible to see, and the commotion they made filled all the forest. Wolves
are afraid of fire at all times, but this was a most horrible and uncanny
fire. If a spark got in their coats it stuck and burned into them, and
unless they rolled over quick they were soon all in flames. Very soon all
about the glade wolves were rolling over and over to put out the sparks on
their backs, while those that were burning were running about howling and
setting others alight, till their own friends chased them away and they fled
off down the slopes crying and yammering and looking for water.

"What's all this uproar in the forest tonight?" said the Lord of the
Eagles. He was sitting, black in the moonlight, on the top of a lonely
pinnacle of rock at the eastern edge of the mountains. "I hear wolves'
voices! Are the goblins at mischief in the woods?"
He swept up into the air, and immediately two of his guards from the
rocks at either hand leaped up to follow him.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Peregrin Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*BUMP*
Wetwang, it's your go if you so choose.

From: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ups

[ 08-02-2010, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Durthdil ]

From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, only 18 months late! []

Ok then, who said this,

" Yes, I am afraid trolls do behave like that, "

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Who said that... (Page 69)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help