Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Who said that... (Page 68)
Author Topic: Who said that...
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
posted      Profile for Lórien   Email Lórien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll start this up again.

Well, no. As a matter of fact there were more than two.

From: thats completely up to you. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds like Gandalf to Beorn, introducing the dwarves to him in instalments.
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
posted      Profile for Lórien   Email Lórien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mmhmm

your turn

From: thats completely up to you. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here goes.

Well, if you know of anywhere better, take us there!

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
oh.... I know this.... if only I could remember!

Gandalf to Bilbo?

Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
Well, as this thread is called 'Who said that ...', you're there, as Gandalf said it, though not to Bilbo.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf said it to Thorin, I think, while crossing the Misty Mountains.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
That's the right one!
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, to be honest, I don't have a copy of the Hobbit on hand, so I'm not entirely sure if this quote is 100% correct, but I think so.

'what did you do to the Goblin?'

[ 02-22-2007, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: HamfastGamgee ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Actually, I am now feeling a lot better about things, in general.

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
Gloin to Bilbo..
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bilbo to Beorn.
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Sorry, Lorien, but the Ent is correct. You're go Fangorn. Good luck!
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Very pretty!
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Durthdil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3873
posted      Profile for Durthdil   Email Durthdil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bilbo to Smaug?
From: Europe | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
Gandalf to Bilbo
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

[] Lórien
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
Well, you can post one yourself of course, if you want, Sire Orodreth. The statute of limitations has run out on this.
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's the problem, you see: I don't have the book. But I enjoy guessing []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I will then.
quote:
"Not at all far. I shouldn't think above twelve yards."

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6104
posted      Profile for Eldarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Umm. Thorin to Bilbo at the stream in Mirkwood?
From: Washington (not D.C.) | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Eldarion,
Not quite, but you're close.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Gondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5254

posted      Profile for Captain of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Captain of Gondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it the otherway around? Bilbo saying it to Thorin at Mirkwood?
From: Ririe, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

exactly correct. your turn.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Eldarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6104
posted      Profile for Eldarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In case you didn't notice, Captain of Gondor, it is your turn. []
From: Washington (not D.C.) | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Who said that... (Page 68)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help