Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  68  69  70 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Who said that... (Page 1)
Author Topic: Who said that...
Roll of Honor Peregrin Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
this is a hobbit version of Gandalf the Whites thread on Lord of the Rings.Who said that...?

"No time now! Shove off!"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Support cows named Bob, if you don't who will?
Save a Cow, eat a Chicken!

From: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't that refer to the elv, who's in charge of guarding the king's drinks and orders to throw the barrels into the water, though they're loaded (cause the dwarvs are in them?)... But I'm really not sure about that! Just guessing
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
nope. close though, well sort of

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

From: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, lemme have a 2nd guess... the barrels went down the river over night, the barrels stopped and lie on the shore and the elves are putting them into the water again (though some barrels are really very heavy - guess qhy), and it's the leader of the Elves OUTSIDE the castle who says that, the craftsman? Pleeeease!
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

yup yup. the raftmen just out side of Laketown.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

Belegurth, you can go anytime now.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

"But, ow! this wind is cold" - who said that and where?
btw: Great idea, this quotation-guessing stuff!

Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bilbo?
From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lord of morgul
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1266
posted      Profile for the lord of morgul   Author's Homepage   Email the lord of morgul   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
pippin
From: N.E. of england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Well, Morgullord, this thread concerns the Hobbit... Bilbo is quite good, but that would be a little bit too easy, where did he say it?
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I must have read the title of the thread wrong. Who said it, I thought it was. Fair enough, though, I will take a stab at the location, and mayhap flip through the book a little later.

How about up on the watch place in ruined Dale before they went back into the old guard room?

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

as for where, thats not exactly fair. But whatever.

Um... I would also guess Dale.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Ehm, anyone, I'm sorry, didn't know the question "where" is not included in this game... sorry everybody!! Actually it's Bilbo who says that when he and the dwarves explore Smaugs home and coming out through the main entrance... sorry again, I guess Mandin said Bilbo first, so please go on!!!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

Mandin's turn. You have until tomarrow.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

I really have no troubles with guessing where. I just wasn't expecting it. I was decently close, locallity wise, and timewise, just a few days and a few miles in each. But I did miss it. Anyway, here's a quote.

"Why what has happened? Do get on with your tale!"

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

thorin, talking to gandalf

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like Beorn to me.

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

Hmmmm, I forgot that there are several similar quotes scattered throughout the book. I will have to check if any of the others use the same exact wording. Anyway, you've not yet gotten it.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

now that i think of it, it does sound like Beorn.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Sounds like one of the dwarves on the doorstep asking Bilbo what he has seen... can't say whether that's correct or not or even which dwarf it eventually was...

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

I'd guess Thorin, he's the one with most influence and has the right to ask Bilbo...

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is Beorn
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

mandin, do get on with YOUR tale. yae or no to any of these responces would be suffice.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If it's not also Beorn, then I think Belegurth's original statement is right (i.e. the dwarves on the doorstep of Lonely Mountain). I checked the spot in the book that Belegurth was referring to, and it attributed that phrase to "the dwarves," (but no specific dwarf in general). So if a response doesn't come soon, I say you should go for it and post the next question, Belegurth.
From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Ok, so here it comes: Who said that? "Who are you a-talkin' to"
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Who said that... (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  68  69  70 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help