Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Hobbit Movie? (Page 2)
Author Topic: Hobbit Movie?
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bit sad to go around digging up threads to only say you don't like PJs adaptations, isn't it? []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all. []

Sad for you I guess... []
[]

[ 02-22-2014, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think that PJ has shown once again (or is that thrice again? [] ) that he prefers to inject silly antics, over-the-top fight scenes and unnecessary plot changes to maintaining the spirit and accuracy of the book.
I can only hope that in my lifetime there will be yet ANOTHER theatrical release of LOTR and/or TH that will be truer to the Professors book(s).

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
pi said: "I can only hope that in my lifetime there will be yet ANOTHER theatrical release of LOTR and/or TH that will be truer to the Professors book(s)."
[] []
One can hope.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My exact words every time a film adaptation was produced. There have been many over the years and not a decent one in the lot. I'm still waiting. []
From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Deraj the Plaid
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1351

posted      Profile for Deraj the Plaid   Email Deraj the Plaid   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Overall, I enjoyed the LOTR movies. I had plenty of gripes, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. They stood alone as entertaining films, aside from the fact that they didn't live up to Tolkien's great work.

The Hobbit films, however, are nothing but a disappointment. It's like the guy who made the Transformer movies (I forget his name, but BOY OH BOY do his movies suck) decided to take on Middle Earth. BAH! How many pointless special effects-driven shots and explosions can we squeeze in, at the expense of one of the world's greatest stories? That's right....there was a story in there....somewhere...

[ 05-01-2015, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Deraj the Plaid ]

From: Del-Mar-Va | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
The Hobbit films, however, are nothing but a disappointment.
That's a mild way of putting it. []
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see Michael Bay and Peter Jackson in Celebrity Deathmatch. Anyone else remember that show? Claymation "celebrities" fighting each other to the death. That would be a better film than anything either of them have made in a long time.
From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
posted      Profile for The Flammifer   Email The Flammifer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is this true? Anyone?? []

A quote by Christopher Tolkien:
quote:
"They eviscerated the book by making it an action movie for young people aged 15 to 25," Christopher says regretfully. “And it seems that The Hobbit will be the same kind of film. . .Tolkien has become a monster, devoured by his own popularity and absorbed into the absurdity of our time," Christopher Tolkien observes sadly.
"The chasm between the beauty and seriousness of the work, and what it has become, has overwhelmed me. The commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing. There is only one solution for me: to turn my head away."

LORDY, What would he have said about The Hobbit movies??? []
From: East Bight | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
"They eviscerated the book by making it an action movie for young people aged 15 to 25," Christopher says regretfully. “And it seems that The Hobbit will be the same kind of film. . .Tolkien has become a monster, devoured by his own popularity and absorbed into the absurdity of our time," Christopher Tolkien observes sadly.
"The chasm between the beauty and seriousness of the work, and what it has become, has overwhelmed me. The commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing. There is only one solution for me: to turn my head away."

Yeah, pretty much hits the nail on the head. You can't go to a fan site and talk of the world of Middle Earth that Tolkien brought us in his fine writings without the movie fans barging in with what they think is canon. Sad, but true.

Low odds bet: (enter DeeCueEye's whinge about how sad it is we have to pick on PJ Perfect here) []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Hobbit Movie? (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help