Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Scramble (Page 32)
Author Topic: Scramble
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I should think that would do perfectly, Celebrían. Your turn!
From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I was thinking of the High Elves of the West in A Short Rest before, but it's just wonderful to have you play!

Now how about unscrambling Balin's nightmare, GNOM TRAUM?

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Woodwose
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does it have something to do with Mount Gram?
From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why, yes, yes it does, Woodwose! []
[] [] Your turn, Sir

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What do you call a SOFT ORION POPE?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
...Turin said nothing, but turned his eyes upon Saeros, and there was a glint in their darkness. But Saeros did not heed the warning, and returned the gaze with scorn, saying for all to hear: "If the Men of Hithlum are so wild and fell, of what sort of the women of that land? Do they run like deer clad only in their hair?"
Then Turin took a drinking vessel and cast it into Saeros' face, and he fell back with great hurt... Then Saeros rising spat blood upon the board and spoke from a broken mouth: "How long shall we harbour this woodwose? Who rules here tonight?"...
Unfinished Tales

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, person, place, or thing?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

Thing
Roll of Honor Eryndil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3905

posted      Profile for Eryndil   Email Eryndil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Would that pontiff be leading a troop of ponies, Woodwose?
From: Salford, UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

It sure would.

Your go Er.

Roll of Honor Eryndil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3905

posted      Profile for Eryndil   Email Eryndil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bilbo puzzled over the runes on the map: South is Dain Seen. 'Well, that is clear enough, but these runes can be more than they appear. I'll remember it - it may come in useful.'
From: Salford, UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Doo!!!!!!!! Can't believe I didn't think of that answer. And I was trying, Woody, honestly! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Help! Are hints available, Eryndil?
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
An eye in a blue face
Saw an eye in a green face.
"That eye is like to this eye"
Said the first eye,
"But in low place
Not in high place."

Hulloo. So nice to see you here, sunny as ever. Singing and playing?

Daisies for you, and a kiss.

I see this thread is doing about as well as it was the last time I peeked into it. Eryndil's avatar is a doozer. Very pretty.

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Well, would you look at eyes on those daisies! How nice! []
*accepts kiss from the Tower with a slight blush []
I have had fun with some music of the country, and have been cooking for hordes of visiting dwarves and elves this summer. We've only had to thwack a few orks since I last saw you, Dearie.

Welcome back to this fine City, Sir! May I fetch you a pint?
edit: Eryndil, do you accept his answer?

[ 07-28-2008, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

Roll of Honor Eryndil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3905

* surfaces, blowing bubbles *

As Lugbúrz has indicated, the answer is Sun on the daisies. Over to you.

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

I thought you would've been far up in the sky instead of under water, Eryndil! Why does a bird hide under the water, is it the heat, or perhaps your strength fails you after a long flight and you relax in the jacuzzi? How in the blazes did you hear this call - a shock to wake you from a stupor or a regular round through this City?

I keep trying to put together a question and this is my tenth try at it, but every time the words just seem to hide between what I'm trying to say.

Can someone please try to put them back together and tell me what they mean?

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Would the Fortress be willing to throw a leetle heent, pleese, before a year is up?
[] [] []

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

The year's up and I did forget what this was! But there aren't too many this long... To unscramble you need to know when and where opportunity strikes:

http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=483df4a491bc77d1ab203ec9eedac839

Ockle Burr
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 550

posted      Profile for Ockle Burr   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible there's an 'S' missing up there?

"Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knock(s)."

(I hate to answer it, especially when I look at the first page of the topic and realize I offered half of this as a scramble more than eight years ago. No wonder it popped into my head so quickly!)

[ 10-05-2010, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Ockle Burr ]

From: Connecticut, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Anyone know if Lugbúrz is alive to verify? 'Twould be nice to try a scramble by Ockle Burr...
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As the wait is 2 years, I would say Ockle Burr or for that matter anybody else should pose a Q.
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Scramble (Page 32)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help