Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Scramble (Page 31)
Author Topic: Scramble
Roll of Honor Eryndil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3905

posted      Profile for Eryndil   Email Eryndil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'Ah,' said Bilbo, 'The Lord of the Eagles'
From: Salford, UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Too easy I guess []
Your turn Eryndil []

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Eryndil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3905

posted      Profile for Eryndil   Email Eryndil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As the King of All Birds flew of, Bilbo frantically tried to write down the runes he could see on his magnificent gold collar:
'LO, OIN ETT'N HUMANELY - well, that doesn't seem right, I seem to have the letters mixed up.' []

From: Salford, UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Nenya, the Ring of Water
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2780

posted      Profile for Nenya, the Ring of Water   Email Nenya, the Ring of Water   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Silly Hobbit. You clearly meant to write THE LONELY MOUNTAIN.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Eryndil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3905

Of course! The collar was made with gold from Erebor, probably. Scramble away,Nenya.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2780

posted      Profile for Nenya, the Ring of Water   Email Nenya, the Ring of Water   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Please, put my bags over there, Bilbo," said Gandalf, as Bilbo struggled inside, carrying four bags and a treasure chest of troll gold.
"I am not your servant!" exclaimed Bilbo, indignant. "Why don't you find someone else to be your rule wacker, old man?
"Sorry, Bilbo, I don't understand your hobbit slang," said Gandalf.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Ofcourse it means Luckwearer.. Gandalf should know!
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2780

Indeed so!
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Tell me this - Why is a Troll Observing a Circe?

[ 05-01-2006, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

Roll of Honor Eryndil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3905

Because she is wielding Orcrist, goblin-cleaver?
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Absolutely Eryndil! - your turn []
Roll of Honor Eryndil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3905

Now, I only have the Canadian XVIIth edition to hand, and in the passage that I am interested in it says, 'Banff slid numb'. Anyone have a different version?
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Eryndil, is this a person, place, thing?
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Eryndil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3905

None of the above! It is a game, good lady.
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, you mean Goblins hunting Hobbits! Or, as it more commonly known nowadays, Blind-man's Buff.

(Incidentally, I always thought it was "blind-man's bluff", or at least I'm fairly sure that was how I always pronounced it as a child. Obviously my many re-readings of The Hobbit didn't teach me how to pronounce it properly.)

From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Eryndil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3905

Aerel, you are correct. I remember the same name as Tolkien, but am prepared to be convinced otherwise. Your turn. []
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gah, sorry for abandoning my responsibilities, but I'm afraid that va telephoned.
From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Don't leave the path! []
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Quite so, Celebrían, and very wise advise. Please confusticate and confound us with another puzzle!
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

HE WHOSE VEG FELT THIS

~~~~~
"Round and round far underground
Below, my lad!"

[ 10-19-2006, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Tsk! tsk! No one even asked "person, place or thing". []

Hint: a group of persons

Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

He fights these wolves?

Hm, the only thing I can see that vaguely fits is Light Elves of the West, but that requires replacing an h with an l.

Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

O, Eru, I've done it again, and Scramblemaiden has come to the rescue. Thank you, Aerel. Please create one for us.

[]

Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Have you never heard that oft huge dalmations soe?
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

No, but I found The Desolation of Smaug written in spidery script on a strange map; will that do?
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Scramble (Page 31)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help