Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  30  31  32 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Scramble (Page 2)
Author Topic: Scramble
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hint #2:

It's not a person or a place.

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"The Road goes ever on and on"

So why are the other sramble threads dead??

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quite right, Lugburz!

The actually quote in The Hobbit is "The Road Goes Ever Ever On," but since I misposted the scramble in the first place, you have it right. So you're up.

As for why the other scramble threads are dead, I don't know. But I'd be happy to help you revive them.

[]

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

We definitely must revive it!! Maybe we need to make it more challenging and interesting, any ideas?

I am trying to get a good question, I am a little rusty with my reading, too many movies!

[ 01-31-2002, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Lugburz ]

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

"I foil one ring"

[ 01-31-2002, 02:14 AM: Message edited by: Lugburz ]

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Hint 1: Its related to Dale
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

Is it the former lord of Dale speaking in Ebonics?

GIRION, "I NO ELF"

Nah, I didn't think so...

[]

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

You're really close so no more clues and no word searches through the text either!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
In utter chaos lies impeccable symmetry.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

GIRION ON FILE?

LINE OF GIRION?

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Line of Girion it is!

Not a very good one but something is better than nothing. Your turn!

Any ideas for the scramble in other forums, I was hoping we could start a new version of scramble with a change in the way its played to make more people interested, any ideas?

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

No bright ideas for changes at the moment. I kind of like the current format myself. It's simply a matter of finding somebody else who enjoys the format as well.

In the meantime:

THORIN SLIDE HALF OIN

Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'VE NEVER PLAYED THIS - does the answer have to come from The Hobbit, or cd it be from other books []
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Hi LT! Well we used to have a Scramble thread for each of the Forums but the others seem to have vanished over the Christmas break. This is the only one which remains now, and yes it must be from the Hobbit.

Any hints available, this one is loooooooong []

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Musnud: as for your last scramble, I have a question, I went back and browsed the book, I could locate
"Roads go ever ever on" as part of the song Bilbo sings towards the end on his way back to the Shire. Is there a place where the exact quote you mentioned is located "The Road goes ever ever on" ? Just curious.

Roads go ever ever on,
Over rock and under tree,
By caves where never sun has shone,
By streams that never find the sea;

Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star,
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.

Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

In response to the previous scramble, I misposted. There should have been no "The" in the quote. However, since my Scramble was referring to the LOTR version, that wouldn't be relevant anyway.

At any rate, here's a hint for the current one:

It's a character in the book.

[]

Eol the Dark Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 411

posted      Profile for Eol the Dark Elf   Email Eol the Dark Elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a 'son of' there?
From: Nan Elmoth | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

That was a gooooood clue.

Is it Dain of the Iron Hills although I cannot seem to find the words in that order, though there are numerous references to "dwarves of the iron hills"

Will wait for your reply

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

Very good Lugburz...

Did the clue make it too easy? I'll try to be more surreptitious with more clues in the future... []

And, no, I don't believe there was a direct reference of "Dain of the Iron Hills" anywhere, but there were enough of "Dain and the dwarves of the Iron Hills" that I figured it was legal to cut and paste a little, (I didn't want to make it too easy). []

Anywho, your go...

[]

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Coool, well I guess there aren't so many "characters" in the Hobbit, that it was a great clue and then Eöl said "son of" and that was another big help.

Ok people try this:

Whose hand fit HIEST ?

-> There's a kind-of hint in the question
-> The question mark is not a part of the scramble

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Hehe hint: its a character, gyuk gyuk []
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Ok I am feeling a little nicer now [] . Ahem, I meant it was a title for a character.
[]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

When doth a fish dot his te?

The son with fish-ade?

The thief in sad show?

[]

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Ok now I need to be sure whether you are mocking me or not []

You have most of the answer written down, should I say lucky scribble or what? []

~Tower of Confusion

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

You should say "lucky scribble" (somewhat). I've been working to find words that make some sense and relate to your clues, but with no luck (as far as I know) so far.

I want to write "son of," but there's only one 'f'. Along the some lines I can't use mother, father, brother, or sister, because there's no 'r'.

Or was I on a better track with 'thief' or 'fish'?

[]

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Yipee, my 100th post! Like after eternity, how do some people have thousands of posts? Must be really informative.

Ok, so at least you weren't making fun of me []

Remember Mr. Invisible Baggins? This is along the same lines. You almost have all the words already.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Scramble (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  30  31  32 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help