Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  30  31  32 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Scramble (Page 17)
Author Topic: Scramble
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I think he must have done. Your go, Laurenendôrian.
From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
YET MY MIRE MARS
From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would hazard a guess that the answer is MERRY IS MAY-TIME, however as there is only one "I" in your scramble, perhaps this is not the correct answer.
From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. Perhaps there is a variant text which foreshadows Meriadoc Brandybuck's existance and reads Merry's May-time, which has ingrained itself upon my subconsciousness.

Or perhaps not.

Step up, Aerel.

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

TO THE PLATED HAVEN!

What else is there to say?

[ 04-18-2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Aerel ]

Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
DON'T LEAVE THE PATH ?

[ 04-19-2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Very good, Celebrían. Pity Bilbo and the Dwarves didn't take this advice. Your go []
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, no! Merry and Pippin have been into Farmer Maggot's garlic crop:
HI, BOY! BAD HALITOS...

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Would the answer, perchance, be A HOBBIT'S HOLIDAY, written by the esteemed Mr. Bilbo Baggins, and known to be a thoroughly good read?
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Aerel, your aim is true! Your turn to set a target.
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

I once heard a hobbit tell their young son: S, NABBING IS GRIM EVIL!

I believe they were right, too.

Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Aerel, are you referring to that entertaining hobbit show, Mrs. Nibi Baggins, Live?
Person, place, thing, expression, (geneology, calendar, riddle)? any hints forthcoming?

[ 04-21-2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Ah well, clue number one: It's a person.

Celebrían: I've never seen "Mrs. Nibi Baggins, Live", is it as good as they say?

[ 04-21-2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Aerel ]

Roll of Honor Peregrin Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quick question on punctuation. Does the comma have to be in the answer?
From: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, good one Aerel, but not good enough. I do believe that Lugburz sprung this one on us once before. Quite awhile ago, true, but not quite too far for my memory. []

The answer, must be MR. INVISIBLE BAGGINS. Right?

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Peregrin Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1176

posted      Profile for Peregrin Took   Email Peregrin Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm assuming that this means commas, periods, etc. in the question aren't necessarily in the answer.
From: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Mighty Müsnud: Please accept my apologies for repeating a scramble. I wonder if we'll ever run out of scrambles...a scary thought! I believe it's your go now.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No need for apologies, Aerel. That particular scramble was in the previous thread, long before you arrived at our fair city. So there's no way you could've known.
I will say, however, that Mr. Invisible Baggins drove us all batty the first time, so it is an exceptionally good scramble... []
And now for mine:

Would you slap me if I conducted an EROTICA SURVEY in this forum?

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Aerel, at your service!

[ 04-26-2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Aerel ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

And I at yours, Aerel. Please proceed with your next wonderful scramble... []
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Oh dear..."wonderful"? How can I possibly post a scramble following your kind words, Müsnud? Nevertheless, I will try...

And after finally finding a scramble not used before, at least not in this thread...

TEN GEM THESAURUS DOOM

The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

May I guess at the answer, O Smaug the Tremendous?
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

You may, although I think that was more of an answer, rather than a guess. Your turn.
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

BOAR CAC JOT
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

TOBACCO JAR?
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Scramble (Page 17)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  30  31  32 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help