Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  30  31  32 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Scramble (Page 1)
Author Topic: Scramble
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Valendil
Soldier of Gondor
posted 10-05-2001 08:52 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How about...
Kool Tothed

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
the old took?
From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beregond
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 721
posted      Profile for Beregond   Email Beregond   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lugburz has it, your turn...

This message has been edited by Valendil on 10-08-2001 at

From: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Let's see...

try this:

A gore brethren food

I cannot be 100% sure if this is mentioned as such in the hobbit, but it's related to that part of the story...

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talathrandir the hobbit
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 943
posted      Profile for Talathrandir the hobbit   Author's Homepage   Email Talathrandir the hobbit   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
...?

This message has been edited by Talathrandir the hobbit on 10-08-2001 at

From: In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Hint: It's a title
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
BEORN THE RED R.A. GOOF?

Sorry, need more hinting....

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Lol Musnud!

Ok I'm now almost sure this does not occur in the Hobbit, otherwise someone would have got it. I'll give another clue and if someone feels it's been too long they can post a new one and I will give the answer.

Hint #2: The title has a name of a place and a type of living thing

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
In utter chaos lies impeccable symmetry.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
THE ERROOR OF BAG END!
^^^^^^^^

And I've spotted the error, too!
Yeah, I know. That's not right. But is 'Bag End' in the answer?

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: Musnud ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"The fox is a beautiful example of the way each of us, at times, casually cross paths with people who are at the beginning of an epic and critical chapter of their lives, and we notice them as we pass, and then think no more about it... And yet those people are about to live through something enormous."

~ Bungo

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

How many living creatures do you know in the hobbit with titles?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Living CREATURE

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if we take out the word DRAGON, we're left with:

BEORTHEREOF

Can you make anything of that, anyone?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Playing with the use-mention distinction" isn't "everything in life, you know."

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Dragon of Erebor!

---

WEED GOD FILTH

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: The Laurenendôrian ]

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunter From the North
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 967
posted      Profile for Hunter From the North   Email Hunter From the North   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
hmm.. *thinks*
From: Estherville, Iowa, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beregond
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 721
posted      Profile for Beregond   Email Beregond   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How about a hint?
From: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ockle Burr
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 550

posted      Profile for Ockle Burr   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd guess EDGE OF THE WILD, but there is an E missing... I wonder if I'm close (or right on it)
From: Connecticut, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

Er - whoops.

Well done on getting the answer despite my mistake.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

Ockle Burr! You've returned to us! Welcome back; I do so enjoy trading Scrambles with you!

Ockle Burr
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 550

posted      Profile for Ockle Burr   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
sorry for the delay (and thanks for the welcome back!)

I'm afraid I've used SO many scrambles already, but I think this one is new:

SKEWN TRUCK HESTON HHH

From: Connecticut, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ockle Burr
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 550

Hint: It's a certain TIME
Ockle Burr
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 550

When the Thrush Knocks!

someone else post... I've got a weak form of the plague and it's attacking my creativity

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

Okay, how about this one:

RON DOESN'T READ HEAVEN GOO

Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

posted      Profile for Meneldil   Email Meneldil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
hint?
From: Guildford, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

Actually, now that I think of it, this is actually something from LotR, not the Hobbit. However, it is mentioned in the Hobbit (although in a "slightly" different manner), so I suppose it's still relevant.

That being said, I suppose that's your first hint.

Rhythm
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1268
posted      Profile for Rhythm   Email Rhythm   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Um, second hint?
From: Malaysia | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Scramble (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  30  31  32 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help