Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Favorite scene in the Hobbit (Page 2)
Author Topic: Favorite scene in the Hobbit
Legolas the elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 55

posted      Profile for Legolas the elf   Email Legolas the elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love it when the company is in custody of the Wood Elves and Bilbo lurks around the halls for weeks... ...I wonder what Legolas was doing during that time?? Probably feasting and celebrating with the elf-maidens!!

------------------
"Hear the wind whisperin' in the trees tellin' Mother Nature 'bout you and me..."Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

From: Wooded hills of Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Great Enemy
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 615
posted      Profile for The Great Enemy   Email The Great Enemy   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

There are so many but my favourite is the riddle game.I've read that chapter about 10 times!

------------------
'But their master shall yet prevail, and he will deliver you from this phantom; and his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedom, and he shall make you stronger than they'-Sauron

From: United Kingdom | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Midus unknown
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 358
posted      Profile for Midus unknown   Email Midus unknown   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
riddles in the dark is by far the best but just behind it is bilbo meets smaug and war of 5 armies
From: once i lived in the land of mirkwood but now i travel the world | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LOTR Reader
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 656
posted      Profile for LOTR Reader   Email LOTR Reader   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like when Smaug is attacking Lake Town.

------------------
Aragorn The Ranger

From: Manhattan,Kansas,USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of fine moments, but Bilbo's conversation with the dragon is a high point.

'Smaug had a rather overwhelming personality'.

By the way, have you read 'Farmer Giles of Ham'? Also some excellent dragon-talk, tho' not set in Middle-Earth.

------------------
Whereas the light perceives the very heart of the darkness, its own secret has not been discovered.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bard the Dragon-Slayer
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 677
posted      Profile for Bard the Dragon-Slayer   Email Bard the Dragon-Slayer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, first off, I'm brand new to this forum, and this is my first shot at a reply. Secondly, I haven't read all the books for about 3 years now, so I may be a little rusty on remembering things. But anyway, I have a few favorite scenes from the hobbit. Obviously, the riddle game is classic. Also, the whole "out of the Frying Pan" chapter, and of course, as you should've guessed by my name, Bard slaying Smaug. That's probably the best. And also, it's not a particular scene, but I love throughout the book when Bilbo is referred to as the burglar, but in reality he's almost completely clueless about such things.

------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot

From: Glendale, AZ, U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bungo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 278

posted      Profile for Bungo   Email Bungo   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to this city, Bard the Dragon-Slayer. And that's a great sig. you have there. May the wind be ever beneath your wings.

------------------
Anta ilya lyaa nyeere na Eru, ten ro varya an lyë

1 Karkawe 5:7

From: Kowloon, Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gentlehobbit
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 670
posted      Profile for Gentlehobbit   Email Gentlehobbit   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well I just love the beginning... All those unexpected dwarves at Bilbo's home. And all the time he is just expecting to see Gandalf...
From: Berlin DE | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gandalf Greyhame
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 747

posted      Profile for Gandalf Greyhame   Author's Homepage   Email Gandalf Greyhame   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to say the beginning - Bilbo is like going half crazy with all these people in his house!

------------------
Lou

From: Minas Illinois | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
when billbo and smaug have there little lakt in th ecave!

------------------
The Highlander shall not die for the life of an immortal is along one!

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beregond
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 721
posted      Profile for Beregond   Email Beregond   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love the part when Gandalf and Bilbo come to Beorn's House followed by Thorin and Company. Gandalf's tact is brilliant and hilarious as the dwarves continue to arrive... bowing low... with an "at your service". How could Beorn resist such a curious company of little people
From: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Having just re-read the book for the first time in several years, some of the scenes I liked best were when Roac the raven was talking to Thorin.

------------------
Whereas the light perceives the very heart of the darkness, its own secret has not been discovered.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glaurung
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 707

posted      Profile for Glaurung   Email Glaurung   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite scene is when Bilbo tells Smaug of his adventures and what he's been through in the form of riddles. Such as: "the barrel rider"
From: Angband | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite scenes is close to the beginning. Remember when the dwarves were all singing? And Bilbo suddenly has this great desire - the desire for the hearts of dwarves. "To wear a sword instead of a walking stick." And he longs to hear waterfalls, explore mountains and caves, and walk through pine forests? This one brief moment - before he sees someone light a wood fire across The Water - it's priceless. Who among us doesn't feel a great longing to explore Middle-Earth?
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nate
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 802
posted      Profile for Nate   Email Nate   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like it when the Dwarves are beginning to favor leaving Bilbo to the Orcs under the mountain and Gandalf is standing strong for going back in to get them. Bilbo, invisible, walks past the posted guard right into the middle of the huddle. Gandalf and Bilbo are both redeemed when the dwarves can't believe Bilbo could be that good.
From: madison, wi | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua Lackhand
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 797
posted      Profile for Joshua Lackhand   Email Joshua Lackhand   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Book in it self is to go for a fav part.

------------------
I can't make a signature.
(that spossed to be funny)

From: Los Altos Hills, Ca, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gothmog35
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 902
posted      Profile for Gothmog35   Email Gothmog35   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy any parts with Gandalf.He is arguably the second most powerful being in all of ME and he has his fingers in even the smallest of affairs. He's definately the man
(I guess I should actually say he's the Maiar, but oh well)

This message has been edited by Gothmog35 on 09-28-2001 at

Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otaku
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 887

posted      Profile for Otaku   Email Otaku   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If I may put it so, my favorite part was actually in the LOTR cartoon: Gandalf is the narator, "We are gathered here in Rivendell to celebrate the 1??st b-day of Bilbo Baggins, REKNOWNED TORMENTOR OF DRAGONS." That will be my favortie part for quite some time!

------------------
"I am Mister Bilbo Baggins, I've lost my dwarves, my wizard, and my way."

Eorl the Young
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 843
posted      Profile for Eorl the Young   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Did he really say that in the cartoon?

------------------
Forth Eorlingas!

From: Denmark, home of the highest mountains in Europe | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormegil Blacksword
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 930
posted      Profile for Mormegil Blacksword   Email Mormegil Blacksword   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The death of Smaug and the Battle of the Five Armies.
From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otaku
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 887

posted      Profile for Otaku   Email Otaku   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes E.T.Y., he really did. It was right during the time when Frodo and Sam were going into the house of Elrond. I liked it very much.

------------------
"I am Mister Bilbo Baggins, I've lost my dwarves, my wizard, and my way."

Talathrandir the hobbit
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 943
posted      Profile for Talathrandir the hobbit   Author's Homepage   Email Talathrandir the hobbit   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i like the riddles in the dark the best.

------------------
I am one not to be trifled with, that is all you ever need know...

From: In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Berguiss
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 971
posted      Profile for Berguiss   Email Berguiss   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Raine. The unexpected party is the best. Why ? .... Try to open the LOTR at the first page of the first book of the first chapter....and all the fantastic emotions and remembers of the first time you read the Book will return to your mind ......Thanks and Long life to JRR Tolkien.
From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1041
posted      Profile for Star   Email Star   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The scene with Smaug is my favorite, though the riddling game is really close. It's hard to pick favorites though, there was absolutely nothing I didn't like in the hobbit, nothing I would have done differently.
From: Sammamish, WA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Witch King of Angmar7
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 605
posted      Profile for Witch King of Angmar7   Email Witch King of Angmar7   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The battle of the 5 armies is my favorite.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
" What are you going to do? Bleed on me?

From: USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Hobbit » Favorite scene in the Hobbit (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help