Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » everyones fav valar? (Page 4)
Author Topic: everyones fav valar?
Nazgûl
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5516
posted      Profile for Nazgûl   Author's Homepage   Email Nazgûl   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i would have to say Tulkas and Ulmo.
Tulkas i like because he is strong and couragous and because himself and Orome were the only 2 Vala who rode after Melkor after he took to silmarils.
I like Ulmo because he never abandon the Noldor or any of the inhabitants (save for Morgoths servenats) on Middle-Earth.

[ 05-01-2007, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Nazgûl ]

From: Boston | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Varda. [] [] []

Varda is the "Holy Mother" of Middle-earth, one whom the Firstborm revere the most.
quote:
Elbereth they name her, and they call upon her name out of the shadows of Middle-earth, and uplift it in song at the rising of the stars.
Also, she is the one whom Melkor feared and hated the most because she was the first to recognize him for what he really was. Varda also created the stars, "the greatest of all the works of the Valar since their coming into Arda." She helps the hopeful to keep the faith, so to speak, and kindles hearts in their time of need.

My close second is Ulmo, for his deep wisdom and power, and his abiding love for the Children of Ilúvatar.

[ 10-06-2006, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince Imrahil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5425
posted      Profile for Prince Imrahil   Email Prince Imrahil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Love gold digging.

Despite Varda being my numero uno, I have always had great respect for the fact that Ulmo never abandoned the Children of Iluvatar which is why he's my numero dos.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
And last and proudest, Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, kinsman of the lord, with gilded banners bearing his token of the Ship and the Silver Swan, and a company of knights in full harness riding grey horses...tall as lords, grey-eyed, dark-haired, singing as they came.

-Minas Tirith

From: Dor-En-Ernil, Belfalas (by way of VA) | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think I may have posted in this thread years ago, but things change.

Right now, I love Yavanna. Sometimes it's Ulmo, though.

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say, after reading the HoME recently, I really like Námo. I think he's definitely the most intimidating. []

EDIT: (which, of course, makes Fëanor all the more awesome when he tells him to take his Doom and shove it. [] )

[ 03-18-2008, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Amárië ]

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
posted      Profile for The Witch-King of Angmar   Email The Witch-King of Angmar   Edit/Delete Post 
Mandos is definitely the coolest.
From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I generally call him Námo on this board as MANDOS rather frightens me. []
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da Ent
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 6791
posted      Profile for Da Ent   Email Da Ent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, being an astronomer, I have to go with the Lady of the stars. I enjoy her handiwork.

[ 04-26-2008, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Da Ent ]

From: Long Island NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Varda
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

posted      Profile for Gollum Gollum   Email Gollum Gollum   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Morgoth! []
From: Cave in the Misty Mountains | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » everyones fav valar? (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help