Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » everyones fav valar? (Page 3)
Author Topic: everyones fav valar?
Bergil the Guard
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2535
posted      Profile for Bergil the Guard   Email Bergil the Guard   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
go to the Minas Tirith site announcements forum....
From: valinor | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ulmo... because he seemed to care more about happened in Middle Earth. Or at least he remained more active following the Doom of Mandos.
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rómenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2589

posted      Profile for Rómenya   Author's Homepage   Email Rómenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Varda(as you can tell from my name!) and Yavanna!!! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

My dreams are my reality...

From: In the shadow of the day | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexius
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2612

posted      Profile for Alexius   Email Alexius   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I will have to go with Oromoë

The Fell Hunter, whose horn struck fear into the fell beasts of middle earth.

I think i remembered reading a passage in THe HIstory of Middle Earth that early in the creation of Eä, he was one of the few valar to venture into MIddle Earth and hunted the monsters of Morgoth.

Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Pherloteiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1791

posted      Profile for Lady Pherloteiel   Email Lady Pherloteiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mandos and Varda...I think its just their personalities, or perhaps just the way they speak and act in different situations.
From: Eglarest | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystic Vala
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2794

posted      Profile for Mystic Vala   Author's Homepage   Email Mystic Vala   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
* Since the Valar are kinda my thing, My favorite Vala are Ulmo and Mandos. I find it interesting how Ulmo exists within all water in Arda, in all the oceans and in the rivers as well.(anything that has water running through it). I like Mandos because he is the keeper of the dead, and he knows of the fate which is bound to all.

[ 11-30-2002, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Mystic Vala ]

From: Pennsylvania... where horror flys by night, and blasphemy. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VardaElbereth
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4522
posted      Profile for VardaElbereth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Varda would be my favorite(she's my namesake!) She was the most beautiful, Melkor feared her, and the Elves hold her in more reverence than the other Valar.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~VardaElbereth~

From: Valinor | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elros
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4259
posted      Profile for Elros   Author's Homepage   Email Elros   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ulmo, lord of the waters. He kept to himself... and never abandoned men.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I don't need your civil war
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor
Your power hungry sellin' soldiers
In a human grocery store
Ain't that fresh
I don't need your civil war

From: OBX NC | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ulmo, he never abandoned the Noldor either.
From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilgalad of the Noldor
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4519
posted      Profile for Gilgalad of the Noldor   Email Gilgalad of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
defiantly Tulkas. Just because he is so strong, and he loves to fight. Even Melkor feared him and I love the way he laughs when he fights.
From: imladris | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mandos.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manwë Súlimo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4429
posted      Profile for Manwë Súlimo   Email Manwë Súlimo   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
<<<<<<<<<<how much do I need to say?
From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TulkasOfArda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4539
posted      Profile for TulkasOfArda   Author's Homepage   Email TulkasOfArda   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think we all know who MY favorite Valar is!
From: Valinor | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estiel
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4595
posted      Profile for Estiel   Email Estiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Este, spouse of Lorien, Lord of Dreams, and keeper of the gardens of healing and hope. I am her spiritual daughter...
Estiel

From: Valdosta, Georgia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
First of all... Manwe for being a wise ruler and of cource my beloved Irmo or Lorien .
From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curufinwe Lord of Noldor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4600
posted      Profile for Curufinwe Lord of Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Curufinwe Lord of Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tulkas and Orome!!

"And Melkor trembled at the Laughter of Tulkas, and the sound of the Hooves of Orome!"

From: Gondolin | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curufinwe Lord of Noldor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4600
posted      Profile for Curufinwe Lord of Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Curufinwe Lord of Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hooves of Nahar ** []

on whom orome rode

From: Gondolin | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 - You are relatively new, so here is a little tip. Use the button above to edit posts so that you dont double post.
From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elentari_tintalle
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5492
posted      Profile for elentari_tintalle   Email elentari_tintalle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think that my nick says it all:)
From: valinor | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
posted      Profile for Q   Email Q   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I like myself at all.

What part of the song did Mandos sing anyway? Don't their jobs pertain to what they sang? Maybe he was just thinking about what he was going to sing the whole time everyone else was singing and ended up with a storage job.

Hardly anybody here likes Aule, but I do because he's a Valar that wee mortals actually have the power to mimic. This doesn't diminish his power, but actually increases his creativity beyond the other Valar by teaching his skills to elves and men.

I think Mandos liked Aule, because the more weapons he taught elves and men to use, the more they would kill each other and come into his halls looking all crosseyed and googly from just being hit with an axe. It would be funny.

From: LOS ANGELES, CA. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Melkor.

Come on, he's the only one who isn't boring. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
posted      Profile for Q   Email Q   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with that somewhat, and I also think that Sauron (although a Mair) wasn't COMPLETELY stagnant.

I think that Eru knew that alot of men would eventually come over to Melkor's service for that reason. But, in the end all the men who did this ever experienced was their very beings being joined to the mechanizm of uncontrolled chaos that Melkor had built. And once that happens, let's face it, there is no longer any enjoyment in it because whenever you look back and observe the GENTLE subtleties and revelations of controlled chaos, you can't because you don't find any. Melkor's kind of chaos comes in wide jumps from what is ordinary and bland...jumps that are too wide. The difference between controlled chaos and uncontrolled chaos is like the difference between swattin somebody on the butt when they bend over (because that's funny and they were askin for it, especially if they've got a moon-sized), and swattin the livin daylights out of them day and night for no reason and to accomplish nothing (not even a laugh).
The later is what we call: insanity.

Tulkas knows what controlled chaos is all about when he gets on the nerves of onlookers while using his sporadic actions, but only does so to the bad guy.

He's a little more mobile than Manwe, a little less green than Varna, a little less grumpy and wet than Ulmo, a little less deep than Mandos and Manwe put together, a little less distracted than Aule, a little less off the planet than Varda, and a little more in-his-mind than Melkor.
So what you've got in the Valar are a bunch of imobile, green, grumpy, wet, distracted, out-of-this-world, people who are out-of-their-minds...except for Tulkas. He's just someone who would comicasi that Monkey in a tin suit if he had the chance! []

[ 08-26-2006, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: MANDOS ]

From: LOS ANGELES, CA. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince Imrahil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5425
posted      Profile for Prince Imrahil   Email Prince Imrahil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Varda, hands down. Clear night when I can see stars, I think of her (Ulmo is a close second, gotta love the sea).

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
And last and proudest, Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, kinsman of the lord, with gilded banners bearing his token of the Ship and the Silver Swan, and a company of knights in full harness riding grey horses...tall as lords, grey-eyed, dark-haired, singing as they came.

-Minas Tirith

From: Dor-En-Ernil, Belfalas (by way of VA) | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elentari_tintalle
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5492
posted      Profile for elentari_tintalle   Email elentari_tintalle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
you like me,ha? []
From: valinor | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CALVUS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4983
posted      Profile for CALVUS   Email CALVUS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ulmo, with Aule a close second.
From: BANGLADESH | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » everyones fav valar? (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help