Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » Was AULË evil?
Author Topic: Was AULË evil?
Mothgon
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2148
posted      Profile for Mothgon   Email Mothgon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Inspired on the "Was Fëanor evil?" topic, I ask:
Was Morgoth the only "bad" Ainu? Look at what have Aulë done:

The naucor were created by him (how many wars have been fought with the dwarves? I know they were important on Dagor Bragollach, but how many elves have they killed after that?)

Sauron was his disciple (hence the name Gorthaur Aulendil)

The Noldor were all his disciples. Did ya see how many fellas did they kill??

Probably more important than that: Aulë has chosen Saruman to go to ME to fight against Sauron.

Did he plan eveything? Was he so clever that no one ever discovered it (except for the great ME! [] )? Or was he just an unlucky bastard??

From: São Paulo, Brasil, South America, Earth | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he was overly ambitious, and that's it?
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He makes excuses for his nature: “I am whatever the gods have made me”
~The Mahabharath

One cannot blame the creator for the actions of his creations. Nor can one blame the creator for ones own sins.

Can we blame Eru for Melkor's ways?

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here is another thread on this.
From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mothgon
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2148
posted      Profile for Mothgon   Email Mothgon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not blaming him if he was innocent. But was really him?
From: São Paulo, Brasil, South America, Earth | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think it as to do with the danger of coveting one's own creation. Creation is not bad, domination is bad. It seems to be a very strong temptation to want to control one's own creation.
From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » Was AULË evil?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help