Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » Three Rings (Page 2)
Author Topic: Three Rings
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yea that's it
From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dingalen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 330
posted      Profile for Dingalen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
(Groan - do you people actually know what language they speak in austria? Could it actually be german? Congrats! So Mozart composed in german. That a lot of people think that irish music has more appeal and magic quality must be the 'celtic' touch. The visions of the emerald island. And the fame of the irish myths (including cobolds, leprechauns, sidhe). Music's magic is not only the sounds but the visions and emotions is evokes. And I like the scorpions too - "wind of change" is my favorite. So how about going back to magic, music, the word and its workings...please!!!)
From: Somewhere in the Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tensen_Vil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 65

posted      Profile for Tensen_Vil   Author's Homepage   Email Tensen_Vil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I understand that Austrian's speak German, but it was said "German Composers" not German-speaking composers...

Dingalen, That was the point I was trying to make with the Irish/Celtic comparisson. They both evoke emotion, through different ways, some beautiful, some not so much...

------------------
"'Kill!' shouted Ford. He shouted it at his towel.
The towel lept up out of Harl's hands.
This was not because it had any motive force of its own, but because Harl was so startled at the idea that it might."
--Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

From: Pueblo, Co. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] I love how these discussions in the 1st year of Minas Tirith could devolve. A thread started on the Three Rings devolve into banter between who'se German and whose Austrian. Pure Gold.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » Three Rings (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help