Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  35  36  37 
Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » Scramble (Page 3)
Author Topic: Scramble
Turin Turambar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 297
posted      Profile for Turin Turambar   Email Turin Turambar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OK, i guess ill put up a new scramble.
SNARINDI

Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i believe that would be Snidarian

------------------
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What!??!
Not only do I not know what that means, the letters don't match either.
I think the correct answer is Sindari

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You missed the last n, Laurenendorian! It is Sindarin!
From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turin Turambar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 297
posted      Profile for Turin Turambar   Email Turin Turambar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Gandalf is right, and Laurenendorian have u read the sil. cause if u have u should know what that means, and if u havent read it then what r u doin in this forum?

Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
well then i guess its my go sooo
this is an EZ one
AIILLMRSS
although this will give it totally away hint:think about the oath
------------------
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give that to them?

This message has been edited by Gandalf The White on 04-11-2001 at

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elrond Half-elven
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 353
posted      Profile for Elrond Half-elven   Email Elrond Half-elven   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Are you not missing an (R) Gandalf?

------------------
*** Pie Master of Middle-earth ***

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Turin, where can I find 'Snidarian' mentionned in the Silm?
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

yes it was missing an R, i put it in, i believe you know it though

------------------
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give that to them?

Eol the Dark Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 411

posted      Profile for Eol the Dark Elf   Email Eol the Dark Elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Silmarils

imravil

hint: place

This message has been edited by Eol the Dark Elf on 04-11-2001 at

From: Nan Elmoth | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

Silmarils is correct, your go
Elrond Half-elven
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 353
posted      Profile for Elrond Half-elven   Email Elrond Half-elven   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The closest I can get is valimar?

------------------

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

i think it is valimar, wasnt that some realm or sumtin, cause valinor doesnt fit, i think valimar was in the book somewhere lol
Elrond Half-elven
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 353
Gandalf, Valimar/Valmar is the city of the valar in Valinor

------------------

This message has been edited by Elrond Half-elven on 04-12-2001 at

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

hehe, i knew that, i knew that i had heard it somewhere
Eol the Dark Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 411

posted      Profile for Eol the Dark Elf   Email Eol the Dark Elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Correct Elrond, t'is all yours

From: Nan Elmoth | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elrond Half-elven
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 353
Eol you should get this:

llhnaagec

------------------

This message has been edited by Elrond Half-elven on 04-12-2001 at

Eol the Dark Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 411

Anglachel made of my very special meteoric ore, I can do ye a very good deal ya know

hmmm

'ltham neon'

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

hint please?
Eol the Dark Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 411

Okay so as to not make it too easy:

It is a place of great importance to Luthien Tinúveil

Though that is a little obscure, there are two hints there

------------------
"Do I question YOUR existence?" - GOD

Mel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 445
posted      Profile for Mel   Email Mel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is it Nan Elmoth?
From: Cornwall, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eol the Dark Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 411

Correct your go Mel
Mel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 445
posted      Profile for Mel   Email Mel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ILENELI
Good luck, not that you'll need it, it's fairly easy

From: Cornwall, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I would be tempted to say Elendili, except there's no 'D' in there. Is this one of these all too common typos, or is it just me not able to get an 'easy' anagram. (I did put several minutes of thought into this, and 'Elendili, or possibly just Elendil was the closest which I could get).
From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 445
Nope, not a typo. I've checked it several times. Maybe it isn't all that easy. Would you like a hint?
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » Scramble (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  35  36  37 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help