Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  35  36  37 
Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » Scramble (Page 20)
Author Topic: Scramble
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
9 minutes...I think that's some kind of new record. Your go, Laurenendôrian.
From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oath of 'nome loss mare clone

As often seems to happen with my scrambles, the beginning is a hint and the end is a mish-mash of whatever letters I had left over.

Edit: and there was one that went in two minutes on the first page of this thread.

[ 04-24-2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: The Laurenendôrian ]

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A hint of sorts: the answer is part of direct speech.
From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is the answer TO ME SHALL FËANOR COME SOON?

[ 04-26-2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Aerel ]

From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

As correct now as it was when Mandos spoke the words.
Roll of Honor The Woodwose
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One question:

quote:
The rules are very similar to the trivia threads. The only additions are that clues are optional and any special characters or punctuation must be included (ex: zap-rôhanar = Ar-Pharazôn) . And again, please stay within the parameters of the topic.

Did y'all decide to disregard that rule? Not that it really makes much of a difference, I already figured that Fëanor was in it, I just thought that it would have made it easier knowing.

*bows low to Aerel, the Scramble Master*

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we generally disregard that rule. It's okay if you're just going to jumble up the letters, but it's undesirable if you want your scramble to be (or come close to) a recognisable word or phrase.

*bows low to Aerel*

*bows low to Mandos as well* (Can't do any harm...)

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

DEATH OF FRIEND TO BEREN, FELL HORN

There's a clue in the first part of the scramble, just in case you didn't spot it.

The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

...and Finrod fell before the throne.
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Indeed he did, Laurenendôrian. Your go, I believe.
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

MY TRIANGLE HOPE HUP

No embedded meaning whatsoever.

Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Unless the answer is HIGH PEOPLE MAY TURN, which I highly doubt, could I ask for a clue?
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

Hint: treachery.
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Then the answer could possibly be GORLIM THE UNHAPPY, although this leaves an extra "e"...
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

I should claim that I put the wrong letters in on purpose.
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Nevermind, Laurenendôrian. I found none on maths.

[ 05-04-2003, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Aerel ]

Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aerel, I've progged up Of the Sun and Moon; however there is only a pitiful little N placeholder for Nurtalë Valinóreva, the Hiding of Valinor...close enough?
We hates illegal extra letterssss, hates 'em.
~~~~~
"To prog...= in general, to pick and poke about, to scavenge and to scrounge..fr Fr pirogue, a dugout canoe"
John Barth, Coming Soon!!!

[ 05-08-2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Cough...er...yes...it must have snuck in when I wasn't looking. They're tricksy things those letters. My apologies for not keeping a close enough eye on them.
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ZENITH's bachelor night choice, punctuation irrelevant.

TO REACH FOR BLONDIE or
O HONI, COL' DRAFT BEER!

Apology accepted, Aerel ScrambleMistress. Play on!
Laur, I'm expecting you to teach her rightly, Sir.

[ 05-12-2003, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

I know there's something in that scramble, I just can't spot it. Would you be prepared to give a clue, Celebrían?
Edit: Maybe I'm just too sleepy.

[ 05-10-2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Aerel ]

Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

First hint: A person
Second hint: from a certain place

[ 05-11-2003, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

CELEBORN OF DORIATH?
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Yes, Aerel, my elven papa, who has transmitted the Heritage!
Nothing orkish, I hope, on your next one- *cringes in anticipation

Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

NEIGH ON HILL, FOR SCAR'S FLOOR

I know this is a break with tradition, but please do not ignore the punctuation. There is also a clue contained within the scramble.

(Please note: the above scramble was checked thrice for mistakes.)

[ 05-13-2003, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: Aerel ]

Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ROCHALLOR, FINGOLFIN'S HORSE []

[ 05-13-2003, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » Scramble (Page 20)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  35  36  37 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help