Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » Regarding Beren and Luthien - Did Luthein just bail out Beren? (Page 2)
Author Topic: Regarding Beren and Luthien - Did Luthein just bail out Beren?
Dingalen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 330
posted      Profile for Dingalen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Except for the expression on her face! Definitely lacks grace and royal composure.
From: Somewhere in the Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The first one reproduced above was awful beyond decription. Don't think much of the second one either, I'm afraid. Why the Vulcan ears and the buck teeth, not to mention the nasty expression?

Yuck!

The dress is vulgar too.

------------------
Whereas the light perceives the very heart of the darkness, its own secret has not been discovered.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eol the Dark Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 411

posted      Profile for Eol the Dark Elf   Email Eol the Dark Elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like this one (kinda common one I think)

Can't seem to insert the image but the here's the link: Luthien Dances in Neldoreth - Nasmith

[ 03-28-2002, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: Eöl the Dark Elf ]

From: Nan Elmoth | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annatar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 643
posted      Profile for Annatar   Author's Homepage   Email Annatar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Say, how do you post a pic in your message? I have an image I drew that I would like to show but I don't know how to post it.

------------------
"And there was Silence in the House of Judgement" - Oscar Wilde
From the play, "Gross Indecencies: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde"

From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arvedui
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 16
posted      Profile for Arvedui   Email Arvedui   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Annatar, first, if its in electronic format like jpg or gif, then go to Facelink and open a page turning on the privacy selections and upload your image to the page. Then copy the image's facelink url (right mouse click, properties, highlight URL, Ctrl C) and go to your post and put [img ] then paste (Ctrl V) the URL address and then put [/img ]. That should work.
From: Ice Bay of Forochel | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HT
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 282
posted      Profile for HT   Email HT   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello from eleven years ago. LOTR!
From: Cambridge, ON | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And hello to you! Not that I was about 10 years ago. And as regards the threat, not that anyone there is still here I expect, but I have often thought that Luthien does do a bit more than Beren does in the quest for the Silmaril.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! HT! Howyagoin'?

The faces on the two pics of Luthien are just wrong. Sure, she may have danced nearly naked, or had a beautiflu black gown on with the glint of stars in it, but gawd enough with the overly spiked vulcan ears on elves. And that black starred gown pic has her skin and face looking like she is overly aged to be the morning star.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It was the second age of her life I think. Perhaps she hadn't put on the leaf make-up yet! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good match to the description in Sil when Beren first saw Luthien (except there's no flowered cloak.)
quote:
Blue was her raiment as the unclouded heaven, but her eyes were grey as the starlit evening; her mantle was sewn with golden flowers, but her hair was dark as the shadows of twilight.
The other two posted in this thread are wierd at best. The only thing missing from the first pic is a pole. And what's with Beren Hood? Lost your Merry Men? That's not even close to what I imagined Beren looking like.

quote:
...she may have danced nearly naked, or had a beautiflul black gown on with the glint of stars in it...
What source states that? Oh. That was that pure speculation?
From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

-
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That is modelled on Monica Bellucci, no? I'll get Lilli, seeing her girlcrush as an elf will probably make her ovaries explode.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I have to admit that both pics look like Luthien has just emerged from the shower! []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Silmarillion » Regarding Beren and Luthien - Did Luthein just bail out Beren? (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help