Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' (Page 2)
Author Topic: Trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
someone made Tolkien's works more enjoyable and accessable than Tolkien did.
PJ's movies are hardly Tolkien's works. Slightly similar stories and the same character names, but that's where the similarities end.

Oh, and it's accessible. []
[]

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and it's accessible.
Totally Assessable... []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbit marathon at my nearest cinema thursday-friday. I'll be among the first to see the new one. []

quote:
Oh, and it's accessible. []
I'm not apologising for not proof-reading when altering my posts. I would like to know why it's only MY typos you pick on. How about "pictre #1" and "com ing out" on page 1? []

[ 12-07-2014, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good point, Dark Queen. [] I was thinking about my own typos when mentioning yours (thus the wink [] ) and wondered if anyone would call me out.

Have fun at the film marathon! []
This message was scanned for typos and misspellings by Aiwrendel Software Inc.
[]

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Got a free pass to see this thing early, which is probably the same time the rest of the world will see it. Glad I won't have to spend a single ¢.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

posted      Profile for Gollum Gollum   Email Gollum Gollum   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't that lucky [] I'll have to wait until I can watch it online
From: Cave in the Misty Mountains | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Aiwrendel. Thanks, I did have fun! []

I thought the new film would be longer, but it was good. []

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Well.... that was about what I expected.

May the next director who takes on doing a movie remake of the Tolkien franchise not be influenced too much by PJ Asshattery. [] []

Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

posted      Profile for Gollum Gollum   Email Gollum Gollum   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If only this were true...
From: Cave in the Misty Mountains | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Hopefully, but CT is old. We'll see what the heir to the estate decides I guess.

And 5+ armies was a typical yawner.

Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

*saw it online yesterday*
*didn't understand most of it because of a terrible sound quality*
*agrees with Snöwdog* []

[] [] []

Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Saw it. Pretty much as expected. Legolas was more like Spiderman than ever. In the end, it was little more than an amazing story transformed into a standard issue CGI blockbuster.. as expected.

Edit: Here's one thing I noticed that irked me. At the end, Legolas tells Thranduil he's not returning to the Woodland Realm, Thranduil then advises Legolas to seek out one of the Dunedain of the north who has become a great man named Strider. The irksome part... Strider isn't Strider yet, he's still just a 10 year old boy who's raising hell running around Rivendell.

[ 01-13-2015, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Madomir ]

From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

And now.... The Honest Trailer of The PJ Hobbit movies
Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

How about this one?
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

.... or this one...
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Or this one? Somehow makes more sense than the actual films...
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

[]

Those were great!

Kahlessi! [] [] []

Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

At last!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbY8yzy3cQ0

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
"How did 10 years pass and WETA get worse at special effects?"
Perfect! []

[ 05-18-2015, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

That was great except for Sins #106 and 107 where Bilbo chooses to throw stones at the Goblins. The "least believable thing about this movie"? No. That actually made sense and it was the only time I actually smiled during the movie.

I liked that they subtracted one Sin for Martin Freeman's acting. []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help