Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Trailer for 'The Desolation of Smaug.'
Author Topic: Trailer for 'The Desolation of Smaug.'
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fnaojlfdUbs
Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Aldarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5396
posted      Profile for Tar-Aldarion   Author's Homepage   Email Tar-Aldarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Woho!!!
Didn't Bard at 1:20 look alot like Orlando Bloom in real life??

[ 06-15-2013, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Tar-Aldarion ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
For the less even as for the greater there is some deed that he may accomplish but once only; and in that deed his heart shall rest.

— Fëanor, from the Quenta Silmarillion.

From: Norway | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You think? I think Bard looks like Luke Evans. [] Nice trailer though. Can't wait! []

E: Peter Jackson films Hobbit sequel cast reacting to crazy fans

[ 06-12-2013, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Crikey, Smaug's big!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Whereas the light perceives the very heart of the darkness, its own secret has not been discovered.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That he is. A fine beast.
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like the trailer - many interesting details []

I cannot open the yahoo video, though.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

It can be found here too if you want to see it. It's just a bit of foolery. []
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I hope 'Desolation' includes some or all of the very delicious dialogue JRRT created between Smaug and Bilbo. Some of the best ever conversation(s) between dragon and (approximately) human, tho' Ursula le Guin's inventions in the same vein are also very fine.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Whereas the light perceives the very heart of the darkness, its own secret has not been discovered.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They did include Gandalf's and Bilbo's Good morning-exchange - and they did include all the riddles in the dark - so there should be hope that they will include Smaug's conversation with Bilbo as well. []

It is indeed a great conversation. And could be a nice break from all the action scenes (although it ends with a chase scene).

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I don't really see how/why they could/would leave that conversation out.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
(in the voice of Gollum)

Oh Yes He Could!

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Trailer #2 []

I think this is the one Maia Olorin originally posted but just in case... Trailer #1

Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

posted      Profile for Gollum Gollum   Email Gollum Gollum   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What is it, precious? What is it?

What's going on?!

All Tolkien's ideas are being destroyed because PJ thinks that those of his own are better.
quote:
THORIN: We are dwarves of Erebor. We have come to reclaim our homeland.
THRANDUIL: I offer you my help.

??? [] [] []
Thorin's main decision is NOT to let Thranduil know who he is!

Total nonsense! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
We wants it...
We needs it...
We mussst get the preciousss...

From: Cave in the Misty Mountains | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Same kind of reversal that had Gandalf tell Saruman where the ring was. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid, as well as unnecessary. There really are too many unneccessary changes in his versions, I have to admit.
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
Just watching the live Hobbit thingy on Youtube. There's a new trailer, looked interesting.

They also showed a clip of the Dwarfs at Rivendell (Unexpected Journey Extended Ed.), wherein Bofur is singing Frodo's song in Bree from FotR, while the rest of the Dwarfs act like uncouth louts. Wasn't impressed. [] [] []

[ 11-04-2013, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Maia Olorin ]

Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

posted      Profile for Gollum Gollum   Email Gollum Gollum   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Trailer #3

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
We wants it...
We needs it...
We mussst get the preciousss...

From: Cave in the Misty Mountains | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*yawn*

Has part 2 come out on netflix yet. []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

[Terribly sorry for posting it here, but I have no idea where to put it and I don't think I should create a new thread for it.]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJOSAwNzyi4
What Legolas says is just perfect! [] [] []

[ 08-09-2014, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Gollum Gollum ]

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
Thanks for posting that!
hehehe

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[] Unlike the movie, this is actually entertaining! Legolas sums it up perfectly.
Love the orc barrel-bowling at the end too.

Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

There are similar ones about AUJ and LotR, but this one I find the best. []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Yeah, I've seen them all awhile back. This one was funnier this 2nd time around
Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

How about this one?
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

The Hobbit Trailer:

-

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Trailer for 'The Desolation of Smaug.'
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help