profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Noble's Hobbit Collection
Author Topic: Noble's Hobbit Collection
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Almost as shiny and tempting as their LotR stuff. Now I just need a dragon's hoard of gold to buy it all. []

The Noble Collection - The Hobbit

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to have a replica of Orcrist. It's not what I was imagining it would be (I figured it'd look more similar to Glamdring than Sting), but I really like the design they came up with.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. It is very nice!

I'd particularly like Galadriel's ring. Possibly Thorin's sword too, to balance out Hadhafang on my mantlepiece. [] Orcrist might look a little too similar to add contrast. []

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Galadriel's Ring for me too - perhaps as a pendant rather than a ring ...

and the swords as letter openers []

When you get that dragon's hoard of gold, can you tell me where you found it, so I can see whether you left a few coins behind? []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of replica swords, it annoys me that they never released an official replica of Gúthwinë. []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Of course, Varna! I might even share it. []

Indeed, Éomer. That was very rude of them! []

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

quote:
Indeed, Éomer. That was very rude of them!
I did some digging last night out of curiosity, and apparently United Cutlery never released a replica because the other Rohan swords didn't sell very well. That surprised me, actually, because I thought both Herugrim and...er...Éowyn's sword were gorgeous. []

But no, all everyone wanted was Narsil/Andúril, Sting, and the Elven junk. [] []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I'm surprised too. They're so nice. [] I really wanted Éowyn's sword as well as my Elvish junk ( [] ), but as a poor student I had to be sensible and Hadhafang won. []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Noble's Hobbit Collection
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help