Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » The Romance? (Page 2)
Author Topic: The Romance?
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf may technically be older than Galadriel but I'd wager her experience in the eastern continent outweighs the Grey Pilgrim's. Not trying to be an apologist, just playing devil's advocate in approaching this from a character perspective. Of course the argument to that is that Mithrandir has spent more time amongst the free peoples than Galadriel and would have a more comprehensive understanding of the ways of the world. Ultimately they will be coming from two distinct worldviews as elf and maia and that certainly can't be overlooked. Each character has a history and perspective they are bringing into the situation and whether or not the movie portrayed that accurately to Tolkien is beyond my ability to call, however I felt, as an audience member, that they were true to their roles in the narrative.
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The movie being a pile of PJ dung, Cate did look much more 'Galadriel' like in the White Council scenes. Didn't pick up the romance vibe too much, but Galadriel would be totally effable. [] Being that she can read minds, I bet she picks that up a lot. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » The Romance? (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help