Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Movie-phile Ecstasy - Dazzlingly marvellous! Perfect! Flawless! Staggering! (Page 1)
Author Topic: Movie-phile Ecstasy - Dazzlingly marvellous! Perfect! Flawless! Staggering!
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone posts anything negative about how the films relate to the book, the post will be deleted. This isn't about critical analysis. This is about talking about how great the films are. No purists allowed!
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As a self-proclaimed non-purist, I should just like to say that "Riddles in the Dark" was good. And I did appreciate the eye-candy for the ladies. []
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] at SSA!

I've written in the other thread about what I didn't like. But I also said there that I didn't hate the movie. And that's true. So in here, I'll mention that I liked Hobbiton and the whole bit there; Rivendell; and "Riddles in the Dark". I started off liking the trolls -- thought they were well-done. But then . . . well, I won't say the rest, because that belongs in a different thread.

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Much improved dwarves.
[] The LotR tie-in intro.
[] Super-cool stag-riding elves!

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was moose?
From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Moose is better, it's true. []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well it had moose-antlers anyway, not stag. Which is strange to me because the Elves hunted deer, so it's assumed they wouldn't ride on them...unless they called it "dinner to go."
From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Omg, elves on stagback! []
From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm fairly sure it wasn't a moose... Wrong antlers, surely?
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
According to the sainted Bill, moose have antlers that look like oven gloves. That was definitely a stag.

And I thought it was brilliant. []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Hobbiton looked good and the party at Bilbo's was well done.
[] Rivendell looked better after the remodel and the tearing down of some of the gazebos.
[] Elrond looked better and the acting was more 'Elrondish'
[] Galadriel looked much better, more like Galadriel.
[] The whole 'Riddles In The Dark' bit was good. Andy nailed Gollum again!

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

quote:
[] Rivendell looked better after the remodel and the tearing down of some of the gazebos.
I liked the gazebo Elrond, Galadriel, Gandalf and Saruman had their little meeting in.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Dopey Moose:

-

Noble stag:

-

[ 12-22-2012, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Noble stag for noble elf.

Reviews just reminded me...
[] The dwarves song.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Just found this while looking for stag info...

-

Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh DQ, that's priceless!

I loved the look of Rivendell and seeing Elrond again. []

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I had to share. []

Yeah, Rivendell was lovely.

Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We had company from Ireland in for a couple of days (Miriel's best friend and son) and we went to see it last night (my second time). I enjoyed it more the second time around. I think Martin Freeman was very good as Bilbo, Cate Blanchett looked even lovelier than she did in LotR, Ian McKellen was brilliant as usual. The Shire and Rivendell were beautiful. I have my quibbles of course, but I found it less forced, in some ways, than LotR, especially the humour. Oh, and Elrond was more 'Elrond-ish' this time around, as well. The confrontation between Bilbo and Gollum was excellent.

I think Howard Shore hit the nail on the head (again) with the Dwarves' Theme. We were all humming it as we came out of the cinema.

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please don't tell me the dwarves theme is a remix of "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go" from Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs []
From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No.
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrxLomHSp_4

[]

Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maia - The music was brilliant, can't deny it and don't want to. []
From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
Well the wood-Elves hunted deer and ate venison, so that would make riding on a stag "dinner to go?" []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Some people eat horse. Your point? []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Movie-phile Ecstasy - Dazzlingly marvellous! Perfect! Flawless! Staggering! (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help