profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » The Hobbit Production Diaries
Author Topic: The Hobbit Production Diaries
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, everyone! During the production of The Hobbit trilogy, Peter Jackson and Company have been kind enough to put together a series of production diaries. These diaries cover various aspects of the films' production, beginning with pre-production and design work and the start of filming and moving on into post-production.

As of January 2013, nine diaries have been released, all covering primarily the production and release of An Unexpected Journey, the first film. These have been a lot of fun to watch, and hopefully there will be many more!

The Hobbit Production Diary #1 - Early pre-production and the lead-up to filming.
The Hobbit Production Diary #2 - Completion of the first block of filming and some location scouting.
The Hobbit Production Diary #3 - The cast and crew reminisce about the first block of filming.
The Hobbit Production Diary #4 - Designing the films for--and filming them in--3D and 48 FPS.
The Hobbit Production Diary #5 - The logistics of filming on location, and the return to Hobbiton.
The Hobbit Production Diary #6 - More location filming as the production crisscrosses New Zealand.
The Hobbit Production Diary #7 - Filming at the studio in Wellington.
The Hobbit Production Diary #8 - The Hobbit goes to Comic-Con, and the final days of filming.
The Hobbit Production Diary #9 - Post-production and the mad rush to complete An Unexpected Journey.

[ 01-09-2013, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eonwe The Herald
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11232
posted      Profile for Eonwe The Herald   Email Eonwe The Herald   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, this is a good idea.

Great to see Christopher Lee at the very end of the 3rd Diary video.

From: England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Someone please tell me; Is this like the commentaries on the LotR DVD's?
If so, I'll pass []

From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda forgot to keep up with these, sorry about that. [] But I've gone ahead and added links to all nine production diaries released thus far (the ninth covering post-production for AUJ). Enjoy!
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Someone please tell me; Is this like the commentaries on the LotR DVD's?
I think this question needs to be asked again. []
From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

It really doesn't, if you understand the source from which it came.

The diaries are more of a glimpse at what went into making the movies, with a camera following Jackson and Company around. Not commentaries.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » The Hobbit Production Diaries
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help