Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » First images of The Hobbit! (Page 3)
Author Topic: First images of The Hobbit!
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Éomer, you still have to acknowledge that hate threads are much more entertaining than fan wank. And those dwarves do look a little ridiculous. Also, what's with the unwieldy sword one of them is holding? It looks a tad too primitive for the supposedly advanced dwarves. Although, all in all, they could have been worse, I suppose.
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Reading hate threads is about as fun as watching C-SPAN.

[ 07-09-2011, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just about anything's more fun than being in Tigranes head by the looks of it, what a term... []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why so insulting, guys? You're free to disagree, but I'm having a lot of fun in the movie hate threads of MT.
Furthermore, internet is not real life. So why don't you leave your musings about other people's heads aside, as they're not likely to produce anything besides embarassing mis-interpretations of said other people's intellectual capacities or other properties.

Also, what is C-SPAN? Begging your pardon but I'm not into code speak. Especially if it's related to television.

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that we can all have our disagreements with each other without resorting to personal insults. We really don't need to bring these forums back to the depths to which Witch-King of Angmar/The White Hand used to drag them down.

Tigranes, C-SPAN is an American cable network that televises live sessions of the U.S. Congress, and other similar things. It's a very good channel to watch if you're having trouble sleeping. []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I find your language in that top-of-page post insulting and inappropriate, Tigranes. If you need to resort to such words to make a point you're not giving off a terribly intellectual air. I'm not intending to be insulting, merely making an observation.
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
quote:
I find your language in that top-of-page post insulting and inappropriate, Tigranes.
So you identify with "fan wank"? You know, I wasn't really targeting anyone on this site specifically. Just making an observation.

quote:
If you need to resort to such words to make a point you're not giving off a terribly intellectual air.
This will get really embarassing for you. But please, carry on.

quote:
I'm not intending to be insulting, merely making an observation.
Ah, another variant of the old American phrase "no offense, but [insert extremely defamatory statement here]". Classic.
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How does labeling a ridiculous hair style as ridiculous make someone a hater? In this case, especially where it's sooo obvious, it only proves the person is conscious.
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3857

posted      Profile for Archer   Email Archer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why so insulting, guys? You're free to disagree, but I'm having a lot of fun in the movie hate threads of MT.
Furthermore, internet is not real life. So why don't you leave your musings about other people's heads aside, as they're not likely to produce anything besides embarassing mis-interpretations of said other people's intellectual capacities or other properties.

Exactly!

Besides, everyone knows that purists > fanboys.

Kidding, kidding!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Tigranes, I never suggested you were targeting anyone, I merely find the gratuitous swearing inappropriate. Clearly I'm the only one who thinks it's a revolting phrase that has no place here. [] I'll leave you all to wallow.

[ 07-10-2011, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Alright, we're all friendlies here, so let's just...be friendly. []
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Oh purists, you so funny! [] (It's like watching a bad movie on repeat. So bad it's funny. Same old, same old...)

BACK TO THE PICS: Looks like they're trying to reveal as little as possible. I suppose the blonde hair in the last one is you-know-you?

[ 07-11-2011, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

The point of that last one was not the hair or whose it was, but the pictures on the wall behind said hair.

But I wouldn't be surprised if that was You-Know-Who. []

[ 07-10-2011, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

Archer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3857

posted      Profile for Archer   Email Archer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's like watching a bad movie on repeat. So bad it's funny.
Nice edit. []

Something you might want to consider: your little "digs" say more about you than the purists you direct them at. [] []

Now go play nice.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If you're really that upset by the 'dig' (I'm going to assume no but just in case) then I guess that reveals a lot about you too.

This is an internet forum. There are threads that you click on that contain information. If you don't like the information in that thread, you click away and move on with your life. Easy.

Therefore, I can only assume that people complaining about something that they already know they're not going to like (ie: purists who didn't like Jackson's interpretation going into a thread about the upcoming Jackson Hobbit interpretation) are just doing it for the attention. Hence, I either make fun of them or I ignore. The latter is easier.

[ 07-11-2011, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aoife
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2368
posted      Profile for Aoife   Author's Homepage   Email Aoife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Those pictures are really stylized - they remind me of game inserts from Elder Scrolls. And I still want that Bag End kitchen!

It will be interesting to see how/if these pics differ from the trailers when they come out.

From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If they simply tone down the hair the dwarfs would look fine. Dwarfs are miners, blacksmiths and warriors, they should have a little dirt, sweat and messiness to 'em at all times. And not that painstakingly crafted metro sexual "accidental" messiness either, but real live "what the hell is hair product anyway" kind of messy. These pics make 'em look like dwarf chicks from Brooklyn circa 1986.

[ 07-12-2011, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Madomir ]

From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Fíli and Kíli!

-
quote:
Two of the youngest dwarves, Fíli and Kíli have been born into the royal line of Durin and raised under the stern guardianship of their uncle, Thorin Oakensheild. Neither has ever travelled far, nor ever seen the fabled Dwarf City of Erebor. For both, the journey to the Lonely Mountain represents adventure and excitement. Skilled fighters, both brothers set off on their adventure armed with the invincible courage of youth, neither being able to imagine the fate which lies before them.

[ 07-16-2011, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Not sure how I feel about Kili... he just looks like a short man to me. []
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nooooooooo....

Dwarves are horrible, smelly, stunted, hairy people who will just as soon put an axe in your shin as look at you. I speak from experience! []

These guys are way too pretty! [] Hopefully it's just the wind machine.

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
quote:
Tigranes, I never suggested you were targeting anyone, I merely find the gratuitous swearing inappropriate.
I'm sorry, that't just the way I am. I know you and Tolkien don't approve of my choice of words, but I'd rather be honest.

On topic:

Those swords make less and less sense. Way too angular and all that. And yeah, the guy on the right doesn't look much like a dwarf.
Well, actually Kili's sword isn't a weapon at all. It looks like fantasy tripe. Which is a pity because so far, the PJ films have avoided many of the fantasy equipment stereotypes, i.e. impractical weapon design, maille bikini, and so on (except for the giant meteor hammer of the WK, the plate armoured Gondorian archers, and the grossly imbalanced Uruk swords). It would be a pity if they dropped their somewhat realistic approach.

[ 07-12-2011, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Tigranes ]

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Yeah, Fíli looks fine and dwarfy, but Kíli isn't stocky enough. Although a lot of that could just be the angle. *shrug*

I don't mind the weapons. It fits the dwarven design ethos they talked about back during LotR. Kíli's sword is the only one that really looks like they went for form over function, IMO.

[ 07-12-2011, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

Roll of Honor Aoife
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2368
posted      Profile for Aoife   Author's Homepage   Email Aoife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like the picture, but they look so young!

Imagining this Fili looking across the river in Mirkwood to see where to throw the grappling hook...

From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » First images of The Hobbit! (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help