Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » First images of The Hobbit! (Page 2)
Author Topic: First images of The Hobbit!
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
AWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Edit: that list isn't the contract is it?

[ 07-01-2011, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Say hello to Dori, Nori, and Ori:

-

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Oh my... the dwarf on the left (Dori?) looks ridiculous. If Patrick Star from SpongeBob Squarepants were a Middle Earth Dwarf I'm pretty sure he'd look like that.
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Dori is the one on the right, with the grey beard.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So does that Ori the monk and Nori the starfish or vice versa?
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

This description was released with the picture:
quote:
These three brothers, all sons of the same mother, could not be more different from each other.

Dori, the oldest, spends much of his time watching out for Ori, the youngest; making sure he’s not caught a chill or got himself killed by Wargs or Goblins.

Nobody quite knows what Nori gets up to most of the time, except that it’s guaranteed to be dodgy and quite probably, illegal.

Dori, Nori and Ori are intensely loyal to each other – and whilst they are perfectly happy fighting amongst themselves, woe-betide anyone who means harm to one of these brothers.

So I'm guessing Nori's on the left, and Ori's in the middle.
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Their faces look really ridiculous/awful. []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Yeah, I suspect there was some major airbrushing or something going on, since these are promo images. I doubt they'll look so plasticky in the movies.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you're right, Éomer... []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

My dear DQ, I am always right. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I will hold you to that! If you're wrong you're in trouble. []
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Óin, sir, and Glóin, sir.

-
quote:
Distant cousins of Thorin Oakenshield, these two doughty Northern Dwarves join the Company out of a sense of loyalty to their kin, and also because they have a substantial sum of money invested in the venture. Along with Bombur, Glóin is the only other married Dwarf in the Company (there being a shortage of female dwarves in general). His wife is an acclaimed beauty with a particularly fine beard. Glóin is the proud father of a young son, Gimli, who will go on to become part of the famous Fellowship of the Ring.

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh I HATE that stupid starfish hair.... []

Also, these pictures are so stylized it's bordering on ridiculous. Thankfully Oin and Gloin look better. Looks like they made Gloin to resemble Gimli, so that's good.

Now, I wonder what our own Glóin has to say about this new likeness. []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if they'll show any female dwarves, with or without beards...
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

They should! If only as a brief cameo or something. [] I'm curious.
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

What's with the hair? How many cans of Aqua-Net does it take to do that? Looks like they're in a 1980's Hair Metal band... Poison anyone?
Archer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3857

posted      Profile for Archer   Email Archer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wow Martin Freeman is the perfect Bilbo..
Uhm, Bilbo was like 50 years old and pudgy. . . ??

I just love how people are all over the interwebs, cooing this phrase. [] LOL, according to whose fan fiction?!

I guess when you tell yourself a 33-year-old Frodo should look about 16 (I'm looking at you Pyjama) then WTH, a 50-year-old Bilbo should look spot-on at about 25-30, amirite? Yeah, even if they tried to celebrate the actor's full 39 years (which they aren't) he's still too young to be "perfectly cast" as Bilbo. . . Maybe some folks need to re-read the descriptions in the text? (And no, I've never been a fan of the "Well duh, 33 = 19 in Hobbit years!" theory: never seen anything that resembled proof.)

Oh wait, we want Bilbo to be consistent with the films, not the books, right? Young Frodo = young Bilbo. Sure! So what happens when supposedly Bilbo doesn't age a day in the years between these events and the long-unexpected party in FotR? [] Help me out; I haven't seen the film in years, but doesn't Gandalf remark that Bilbo hasn't aged a day? If so, there's going to be a glaring inconsistency!

Not that a little thing like that has ever stopped PJ! []

quote:
What's with the hair? How many cans of Aqua-Net does it take to do that? Looks like they're in a 1980's Hair Metal band... Poison anyone?
I was gonna say Flock of Seagulls myself, but I suppose the geological formation of peaks and valleys that are his head don't have quite the right configuration. You win.

And I sure hope that dwarf on the left isn't actually Dori, seeing how Dori's the one who carries Bilbo around on his back. Someone's gonna lose an eye!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Archer. Nice to see you around.

I'm at the point with PJ where if he just follows the plot line, I'll be ecstatic. As far as adding a bit more to PJ-ize it with a female elf or Legolas? Well, I guess he can't help himself, but I just hope he can keep it otherwise intact.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Dwarves still somehow look more unnatural than in LotR... []
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

I'm just gonna ignore the haters. []

A new production video is up on PJ's Facebook page, covering the end of the first part of filming (they're splitting it up into three blocks) and a bunch of location scouting. Good stuff! []

EDIT: YouTube link for those who either can't or won't visit Facebook (understandably so).

Also...more pics! Click the thumbnails for larger versions.

-  -  -  -  -
 -

[ 07-09-2011, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I'm not a hater, I just don't like dwarves! []

Nice piccies. I can/will not seen the video. ( [] at FB even more than at the dwarves.)

[ 07-09-2011, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

I wasn't referring to you. []

Can you watch vids on YouTube? Someone was kind enough to upload the video there.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Well why not? I thought everything was about me! [] []

Yes indeed, thanks for the link! []

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

purist ≠ hater
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » First images of The Hobbit! (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help