Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Cast of The Hobbit announced (Page 6)
Author Topic: Cast of The Hobbit announced
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeeeeeey Orlando Bloom! I'm just hoping for many scenes of Orlando and Lee Pace together. [] []
 -

[ 05-28-2011, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aw c'mon purists, what's wrong with ol' Legsie being in Mirkwood? It IS his home.
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 80% purist, and I have no problem with ol' Legolas making an appearance in The Hobbit.

Just as long as he doesn't talk. []

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes he can just make out with Lee--er I mean... that's wrong and incesty. EWW! *pokerface*
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elfincest? []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Precisely.
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... and that's what you get afterwards...

-

I think this is from Shamus Young, not sure though.

[ 05-29-2011, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Tigranes ]

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Where are you from that you believe two male elves could reproduce?! []
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The titles and release dates of both movies have been revealed:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - December 14, 2012
The Hobbit: There and Back Again - December 13, 2013

I'm so glad they used subtitles instead of calling them "The Hobbit, Part I" and "The Hobbit, Part II" or something lame like that.

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Btw, at what point will they end Part I?
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good question. Personality, for a cliffhanger I might suggest the point just before the Eagles resuce them from the fire of the Goblins/Wolves, but that possibly is a bit soon. Maybe it could be at the point where Gandalf leaves the party and they realize that they have to face Mirkwood alone? Or possibly at the exit of Mirkwood after the adventure with the Mirkwood elves. Assuming that that part is in of course!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost dreading these movies more than I'm looking forward to them. But the actors don't look to so bad (not that I've heard of any of them before - except Orlando Bloom, and well... not a fan).
From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

quote:
I'm almost dreading these movies more than I'm looking forward to them.
Why?
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
All the changes I'm hearing about!

I'll have to see the actors in makeup/garb before I decide if they fit my images for the characters. Also, to me - having read it at age 5 - my mental images are very strong, and there is much greater chance for disappointment.

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Fair enough. I hope you're not too disappointed with the finished product. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I trust PJ to do a good job - it'd be as unfilmable as LotR if you did it straight to the book.

I like the titles, much better than 1 and 2... (*cough* Deathly Hallows)

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Oh those are very good subtitles. Yay!

I STILL can't get over that my freaking IDOL Stephen Fry is going to be in the Hobbit. Pinch me! []

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Barry Humphries as the Goblin King?
O-kay. Just as long as he doesn't wear a purple wig and blue eyeshadow. []

Also from that link,
quote:
In other casting announcements, the Canadian actress Evangeline Lilly, from television's Lost, will play Tauriel, a woodland elf not in the original story.

Benedict Cumberbatch, who appeared in Sherlock, will be cast as Smaug the dragon, while the Welsh actor Luke Evans will play Bard.

Casting of all major parts in the two-part prequel is now pretty much complete.

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Cumberbatch will actually be playing both Smaug and the Necromancer, similar to how John Rhys-Davies played both Gimli and Treebeard. I think he'll do a good job. And Luke Evans looks like a good choice for Bard.

I'm not too sure about this Tauriel character. I don't know what purpose she could possibly serve. Though I do find it amusing that Lilly was at one point dating Dominic Monaghan. []

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

YOU GUISE. BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH AS SMAUG?? AOMHWEUIAGFEWHA!!!!!

SHERLOCK AND WATSON. STEPHEN FRY (ALSO, MYCROFT IN NEW HOLMES MOVIE WITH ROBERT DOWNEY, JR.). RICHARD ARMITAGE. HUGO WEAVING. ALL IN THE SAME-----

*****BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*******

We sincerely apologize for this interruption and possible slaughtering of the English language, but it appears Lillianna's head has asplode.

Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elladan and Elrohir will appear, and will be played by two obscure twin actors. []
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That post was a day late!

[ 04-03-2012, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: Numenorean Sword Trainer ]

From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I thought it might be. I was hoping it was true, though! And I have thought of a way it could be!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The sons of Elrond were fraternal twins, not identical.
Of course knowing PJ, they'll be identical and finish each other sentences []

[ 04-12-2012, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Numenorean Sword Trainer ]

From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The sons of Elrond were fraternal twins, not identical.
What's the source for that? I didn't know.
Is it somewhere in the books, or in Letters somewhere?

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Cast of The Hobbit announced (Page 6)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help