Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Cast of The Hobbit announced (Page 5)
Author Topic: Cast of The Hobbit announced
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Those glasses are horrible.
Agreed.

He should totally wear them as Thranduil. []

[ 05-18-2011, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
LOL I smell a new meme coming:

"Hipster Thranduil thinks your Dwarven quest is sooooo 1st Age."

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Damn. Thranduil just got interesting.

I want them to have an extra scene with him talking to kitchen staff about the poor quality of the pies... Pretty please, people-who-insert-unnecessary-people-and-unnecessary-places? []

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I think this is a good plan. Those mirkwood elves love to eat and drink as we all know so it shouldn't be too hard to add it to the script. []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen Fry will play the Master of Laketown.

Also, Conan Stevens will play Azog, the orc-king who killed Thrór, Thorin's grandfather. Sounds like we'll be getting flashback scenes of the war between the dwarves and orcs, like with the War of the Last Alliance in LOTR. Stevens is apparently primarily a stuntman, but anyone who's been watching Game of Thrones will recognize him as Gregor Clegane, "The Mountain That Rides." He just had a rather notable scene in the series' fifth episode.

[ 05-19-2011, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

quote:
Stephen Fry will play the master of Laketown
*sequence of Lillianna's brain upon reading and processing that information will be represented in the following pictures*

-

-

-

-

Nothing else needs to be announced. The world has been reborn into pure peace, happiness and tranquility. [] [] [] []

edit: I'm so excited I spelled my own username wrong.

So let me get this straight. Martin Freeman. Richard Armitage. Ian McKellan. Lee Pace. STEPHEN FRY. All in the same movie.

I... I am not worthy.

[ 05-19-2011, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of all-star cast, can we have Morgan Freeman as narrator?
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Based on the first behind the scenes video, which at the end had him saying "In a hole in the ground... there lived a hobbit", I think they will.
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
where, precious?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I actually meant Morgan Freeman (the old guy). Martin Freeman is in the movie anyway.
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Morgan Freeman should have played Gandalf! []
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Ahahaa oh man it's so easy to get those mixed up right. [] [] My brain just saw the "M" and the "Freeman" and assumed. []

Morgan Freeman already has the job of being God. That's a full time commitment.

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How does one vomit a rainbow?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Awesomely.
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

I thought it might be from eating too many skittles. Hey, wasn't there something or other about skittles mentioned? Isn't someone here a big fan of skittles?
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Methinks the former Ninja Skittles could answer that. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

[] Here's the first behind the scenes video I was talking about. []
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

It was really cool seeing Rivendell and Bag End again, and that was a nice bit there with Richard Armitage, Martin Freeman, and Andy Serkis paying tribute to the local culture and the cast and crew, both new and old.

[] at Freeman's outfit, though.

[ 05-24-2011, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rivendell = Moar Elvez! [] (Sorry, had to be done. [] )
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Apparently Martin Freeman accidentally let slip that his Sherlock co-star, Benedict Cumberbatch, will be joining him on the cast of The Hobbit. No confirmation on his role yet, though; rumors on TORn say it's either Bard or the voice of Smaug (which, I think, are pretty much the only big roles left to be filled anyway).

[ 05-25-2011, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's encouraging, someone else I've never heard of! []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Purists beware: Orlando Bloom will be in The Hobbit.

From Jackson:
quote:
Ten years ago, Orlando Bloom created an iconic character with his portrayal of Legolas. I’m excited to announce today that we’ll be revisiting Middle Earth with him once more. I’m thrilled to be working with Orlando again. Funny thing is, I look older—and he doesn’t! I guess that’s why he makes such a wonderful elf.

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

Just how badly can you screw up The Hobbit? It is a much simpler storyline than LOTR, and (spoiler alert [] ) it has a dragon in it!
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Inorite? The Prince of Mirkwood making an appearance in a story in which Mirkwood plays a prominent role? Preposterous!
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Yeeeeeey Orlando Bloom! I'm just hoping for many scenes of Orlando and Lee Pace together. [] []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Cast of The Hobbit announced (Page 5)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help