Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Cast of The Hobbit announced (Page 4)
Author Topic: Cast of The Hobbit announced
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Ney. I did hope it wasn't true. Then again, I'm not sure anyone can make me like Bilbo. []

I'm still a bit worried by these reports of LotR characters appearing in TH though... []

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thrilled by it [] Make changes! Go nuts! Give us a different version of the story! If I want the original I'll read the book.

(Good to see you, btw. Lovely avatar redux)

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
True, true. I'm not against changes, I always stuck up for them in LotR and anything that's less dwarf on screen can't be bad... [] I just don't see how it's going to work within the story. I shall trust PJ though, he did a good job last time.

(Good to see you too and thank you! [] )

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Who else from LOTR is going to be in The Hobbit? Frodo I can kind of understand, if they're going with a framed narrative where Bilbo tells about his adventures with Thorin and Company. Legolas is another easy one to understand, because he more than likely would have been there when the gang was imprisoned in Mirkwood. Saruman and Galadriel make sense to me since they'll be fleshing out Gandalf's side adventure with the White Company assaulting Dol Guldur. Have any other LOTR characters been confirmed yet? Aragorn probably wouldn't be in it, unless they briefly have a boy named Estel running around on screen.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

According to IMDB (here and here), we're also getting Elrond in part two.

Who is Itaril when she's top of the cast list? I haven't read TH for years, but I don't remember her.

I do hope Leonard Nimoy is Smaug, a Vulcan Dragon would be fun. But wouldn't the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the one dragon for his treasure? []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who is Itaril when she's top of the cast list? I haven't read TH for years, but I don't remember her.
You don't remember her because she doesn't exist.

Female elf warrior.

[]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
not in book = []
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just when you thought it couldn't get any more retarded, along comes Peter Jackson and his gang of illiterates and prove you wrong.
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

More Elves can't be bad. []

Pff, Tigranes, if you don't like the films, don't watch them. Some of us like what PJ does. []

Edit: Don't growl, pi! Tolkien hardly mentioned the Elves in Mirkwood, there had to be some put in. What's Mirkwood without Elves? []

[ 05-10-2011, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We have elvish swords, elves in Rivendell, elves in Mirkwood, elves in Thranduil's castle, elves in Laketown, elves at the feet of the Lonely Mountain, elves in the battle of 5 armies... []
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Purists are so much fun. Almost makes me want to start visiting regularly again. []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

More Elves, pi! More Elves! []

Aren't they just, Éomer. Many a joyful flame war should ensue in the coming years. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What The Queen said.

not in book = [] [] (since there isn't an optimistically excited emoticon I will use the JOY one along with a question mark)

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't mind so much if they actually created a character instead of the classic 2D Hollywood sidekick/romance/fool etc. []

So, PJ can still surprise me! []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

PJ will surprise us all, in a good way. []

Nice emote-making, Took-Baggins! (But where did you take him? [] - just occured to me, probably I'm behind everyone else in noticing that...)

Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Jemaine: present.
Murray: present.
Figwit: present.

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

Into my [] And thank you, you are the first person to ask []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Glóin, I remember Figwit, but who are Jemaine and Murray? []

I'm the first, Ney? I'm glad I asked now! I do hope he's not too squished! []

Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bret, Jemaine and Murray are the Conchords and their manager.

It turns out that FIGWIT and Bret are the same person, and he may be appearing in The Hobbit as Lindir.

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Oookaaay. []

But he should be called Figwit! We'll all be confused! []

Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

I'd go a step further and suggest that the change should be incorporated into all future reprints of The Lord of the Rings.

quote:
Bilbo got up and bowed. "I am flattered, FIGWIT," he said. "But it would be too tiring to repeat it all."

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

[] Excellent plan, Master Dwarf. That would be a great improvement!
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OMG LEE PACE AS THRANDUIL?????? [] []

I just had a nerdgasm the size of the meteor explosion that killed the dinosaurs.

Just so you're aware, this dude will be Legolas' daddy (which I find hilarious because they're probably the same age, but that's elves for you... perverts. hahaha):

-

-

SWOON.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

If elves don't age (as we do), why not? []
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Those glasses are horrible.
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Cast of The Hobbit announced (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help