Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Cast the Hobbit!
Author Topic: Cast the Hobbit!
Tensen_Vil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 65

posted      Profile for Tensen_Vil   Author's Homepage   Email Tensen_Vil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Felt this deserved its own thread.

Who do you think should play the characters in the Hobbit?

Bilbo: Ian Holm
Gandalf: Ian MacKellan
Elrond: Hugo Weaving
Thorin:
Balin:
Dwalin:
Oin:
Gloin: John Reis-Davies
Fili:
Kili:
Bofer:
Bomber:
Dori:
Nori:
Ori:
Bofur:
Beorn:
Bard:
Thranduil(Elven King):
The Master:
Dain:
Old Took:
Galion:

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"'Kill!' shouted Ford. He shouted it at his towel.
The towel lept up out of Harl's hands.
This was not because it had any motive force of its own, but because Harl was so startled at the idea that it might."
--Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

From: Pueblo, Co. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bilbo: unknown actor who bears a resemblance to Sir Ian Holm
Thorin:
Balin:
Dwalin:
Oin:
Fili:
Kili:
Bofer:
Bomber:
Dori:
Nori:
Ori:
Bofur:
Beorn:
Bard:
Thranduil(Elven King):
The Master:
Dain:
Old Took:
Galion:

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael_Blood
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2043
posted      Profile for Michael_Blood   Author's Homepage   Email Michael_Blood   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And what about Gollum?

He MADE that book for some of us.

I'd say the person that played Yoda in the terrible Phantom Menace movie.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"And here, I've grown
So fond of dread
That I swear it's heaven"

From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah - I thought this meant cast him, as in throw him. Olympic gold for hobbit casting goes to ...
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

posted      Profile for Gollum the great   Email Gollum the great   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gloin: the guy who was Gloin at the council of Elrond(beside Gimli).
Gollum: Andy Serkis
Beorn:the guy in Moulin Rouge, you know the one with narkilepsy!
Thranduil:David Meece.
Arwen: Liv Tyler.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
...What we came to realise was that you don't have to put a sword in her hands to make her strong. And where we've come to now is all these true elements of who Arwen is. I mean this is an incredibley powerful and fearless woman filled with so much hope and belief and that is strong enough. ~ Liv Tyler (Arwen)
A proud member of H.A.A.H.A.A.

From: canberra , australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrispyCream
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1701

posted      Profile for ChrispyCream   Email ChrispyCream   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
NO ARWEN IN THE HOBBIT!!!!!
EVER!!

I think it would be cool if they slip Saruman in there somehow though!! [] You forgot Smaug!! the voice i mean of course

From: Australia, land of milk and honey... and some cement. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marigold
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1632

posted      Profile for Marigold   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bilbo: unknown actor who bears a resemblance to Sir Ian Holm
Thorin:
Balin:
Dwalin:
Oin:
Fili:
Kili:
Bofer:
Bomber:
Dori:
Nori:
Ori:
Bofur:John Goodman
Beorn:Brian Blessed
Bard:
Thranduil(Elven King):James Cromwell
The Master:
Dain:
Old Took:
Galion: Dudley Moore, if he were still living

Just trying to think in terms of body type!

From: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrispyCream
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1701

posted      Profile for ChrispyCream   Email ChrispyCream   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
JOHN GOODMAN!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOONONONNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
7 Seasons, 144 Episodes, 6018 minutes, 361018 Seconds.
BEST. SHOW. EVER.
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade,
All shall fade, all shall fade.

From: Australia, land of milk and honey... and some cement. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marigold
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1632

Just kidding Saruman! I was just looking for the fattest actor who wasn't also the most elderly! I thought of Charles Durning, but he's got to be at least 70, and I don't think he needs to be chasing all over Middle Earth in his health condition!
From: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Danny Devito as Thorin?!?
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marigold
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1632

That's a good one! He wouldn't need to have double scenery and props built, either!
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
wow this is hard. Maybe Willow midget guy(for some reason I can't remember his name) for one of the dwarves....maybe like Kili or Fili. or do you want it all to be fully grown people?
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

posted      Profile for Gollum the great   Email Gollum the great   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
that Willow midget guys name is Warwick Davis, though I'll always remember him as Wicket in return of the jedi.
and he'd be way too short for a dwarf.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
...What we came to realise was that you don't have to put a sword in her hands to make her strong. And where we've come to now is all these true elements of who Arwen is. I mean this is an incredibley powerful and fearless woman filled with so much hope and belief and that is strong enough. ~ Liv Tyler (Arwen)

From: canberra , australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Because he IS a dwarf?
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

he isn't a Tolkien dwarf, he's a midget and an abnormally short one at that, about two feet high!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Deraj the Plaid
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1351

posted      Profile for Deraj the Plaid   Email Deraj the Plaid   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure about any of the other roles, but I know the PERFECT guy to play Beorn. I don't think he has much acting experience, but he's got a great personality. With the right hair and make-up he would surely become this character! His name is Bill Kazmaier and he would be perfect as....

BEORN

From: Del-Mar-Va | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tensen_Vil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 65

posted      Profile for Tensen_Vil   Author's Homepage   Email Tensen_Vil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm he doesn't look too bad... Of course, it depends on his actin ability...

I think Brian Blessed would make a good Thorin.

As for Warwick Daivs(Willow), there was an interview with him about LotR, asking how he felt about the Hobbits not being midgets.

He didn't like the fact that short people had been passed over for the roles, but he understood the reasoning. He understood that it would be very difficult to find enough short actors of high enough caliber to fill the roles, and he's fine with that, makes sense.

And keep in mind the description of Hobbits "Long, slender fingers, deft and nimble" If your notice most "Midgets", with a few exceptions(Warwick being one of them), have somewhat stubby fingers.

Now, keep in mind I'm not putting down anyone of short starture. Just posting. []

To quote Depeche Mode: "People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully?"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"'Kill!' shouted Ford. He shouted it at his towel.
The towel lept up out of Harl's hands.
This was not because it had any motive force of its own, but because Harl was so startled at the idea that it might."
--Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

From: Pueblo, Co. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ah, I see. that's interesting! []

oh man I would not want to be the enemy of that guy in the pics....*runs away and hides*

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe nobody cast Tauriel here! []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why?! Because he played the character's son?

quote:
I can't believe nobody cast Tauriel here! []
Ha... Ha... Ha... Got nothing better to do with your time, Snowdog? []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum Gollum
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11392

posted      Profile for Gollum Gollum   Email Gollum Gollum   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So it seems []
From: Cave in the Misty Mountains | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ha... Ha... Ha... Got nothing better to do with your time, Snowdog?
[] [] DQI
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Cast the Hobbit!
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help