Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Female characters in the hobbit (Page 2)
Author Topic: Female characters in the hobbit
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think Bolg would be an obvious choice.
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
posted      Profile for The Witch-King of Angmar   Email The Witch-King of Angmar   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the SON of Azog.
From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You don't seem to get the point here: the story would have been better if Bolg(inina) would have been someone's daughter.
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
posted      Profile for The Witch-King of Angmar   Email The Witch-King of Angmar   Edit/Delete Post 
If you think orcs are the type to follow a queen...

So who should play her?
My vote:
 -

[ 12-30-2007, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: The Witch-King of Angmar ]

From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.. Looks like Wiki has some insider info. Rosie appears to already have her orc makeup on, and she seems to be walking around "in character". I'd say she's already been cast. []
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6104
posted      Profile for Eldarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent choice []
From: Washington (not D.C.) | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
Well there could be some others:
Star Jones  -

Roseanne:
 -

And the orc-queen of them all:

-

I know, I know-- no contest!!!

Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
EEEEEEEKKK!!! []

Hillary is waaaay too frightening to be a mere orc.
She'd make a convincing Sauronette tho'.

From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
A mere evil Maia? How DARE you insult Hillary like that!

I have the perfect role for her-- and vice-versa:

-

"...secret and unknown, Ungoliant had made her abode. The Eldar knew not whence she came; but some have said that in ages long before she descended from the darkness that lies about Arda, when Melkor first looked down in envy upon the Kingdom of Manwë, and that in the beginning she was one of those that he corrupted to his service. But she had disowned her Master, desiring to be mistress of her own lust, taking all things to herself to feed her emptiness; and she fled to the south, escaping the assaults of the Valar and the hunters of Oromë, for their vigilance had ever been to the north, and the south was long unheeded. Thence she had crept towards the light of the Blessed Realm; for she hungered for light and hated it.
In a ravine she lived, and took shape as a spider of monstrous form, weaving her black webs in a cleft of the mountains. There she sucked up all light that she could find, and spun it forth again in dark nets of strangling gloom, until no light more could come to her abode; and she was famished."

I think we've found our first pick for The Silmarillion movie.

[ 01-01-2008, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: The Witch-King of Angmar ]

Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WiKi, your pic is unavailable.
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
I see it fine; consider yourself lucky however, it's VERY disturbing.
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you uploaded it, it will probably still be in your cache. It refuses to be downloaded here at the moment.
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
How about now?
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

It shows up now. [] Damn that's a scary spider. []

Where did that original artwork come from? Morgoth's headgear looks similar to the hat PJ put on Sauron.

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Personally speaking, I'd vote for Bolg over any of the Republican candidates out there.......
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
If you'd vote for Hillary over Ron Paul, you're under the Voice of Saruman.
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Perfect - a movie hate thread and low-level political discussion!
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, there's some kind of evolution in the movie board []
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Yes, it must be micro-evolution! [] But now it works the other way round: convergence on the lowest common denominator*. []

*aka Ron Paul []

Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
Pic still doesn't work for me ... []
Eldarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6104
posted      Profile for Eldarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ron Paul? The guy's supporters are all wacko and extremely vocal. Go Fred08!
From: Washington (not D.C.) | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

the pic is gone for me too..

In the interest of stopping a problem before it starts I propose a new rule... no political talk! Go ruin the Pony with that "my ideology is better than your ideology" garbage. Simply pokin' fun at all the disingenuous politicos is still acceptable however, especially if they're PJ fans.

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, all right, to get back on topic, I have got as far as where Bilbo escapes from Gollum and still the only female character I have is Belledonna Took.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Witch-King of Angmar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4899
So where's a good place to upload images so that there isn't some low quota?

Likewise, anyone who would take the others over Ron Paul is simply a conceited pseudo-intellectual... and they prove it with every word.

Here's some voting-instructions, hopefully simple enough so even you can understand them: "Pull head from sphincter, THEN lever!"

[ 01-01-2008, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: The Witch-King of Angmar ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Likewise, anyone who would take the others over Ron Paul is simply a conceited pseudo-intellectual... and they prove it with every word.

Now he's a political scientist as well! []
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » New Line Cinema's Hobbit » Female characters in the hobbit (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help